GDT: Leafs @ Habs - HNIC - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
He has been pretty bad these past couple games no doubt about it. Turn over after turn over unfortunately. Hopefully he snaps out of it asap.
He never looks like this.
Hopefully it’s the flu and not his hands.
(Again)

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Matthews has been garbage for a while. Reilly has been garbage for a while. Nylander has been good offensively, but he's been doing that thing again where he's not bothering with his defensive assignments. Tavares... Well, we kind of knew this would happen towards the end of his contract.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Would be nice to have a coach who would actually make these guys accountable for the soft, lazy plays they make over and over again

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He has been pretty bad these past couple games no doubt about it. Turn over after turn over unfortunately. Hopefully he snaps out of it asap.

Oh, he'll snap out of it alright. But maybe I'm just wary of knowing this B Game is always lurking around the corner when you're hoping he just takes it to the next level. I don't need 2 hat tricks in a week and then revert to a complete liability the next.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I can't believe any of you thought matthews was better than mackinnon or on the level of draisaitl, kucherov, pastrnak or somehow mcdavid

he's in the petterson, hughes, marner tier lol

what a f***ing clown

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Matthews is pulling some epic BS lately. Hockey schedule gets serious and he's just turning into rubbish.
Everyone has a slump but to be this bad for this many games, some of them big, it's really disheartening. He was really starting to put the team in his back, now he looks like a passenger.

Reactions: saffronleaf

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
if matthews is sick or dealing with some minor niggle might as well pressbox him instead of risking it so that he is not dogging it in the playoffs

Reactions: Cleetus

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews has been garbage for a while. Reilly has been garbage for a while. Nylander has been good offensively, but he's been doing that thing again where he's not bothering with his defensive assignments. Tavares... Well, we kind of knew this would happen towards the end of his contract.

Rielly just hasn't been the same since coming off suspension.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Why? Potting is great and a great creative outlet. Like music, paintinniinng or woodworking
I enjoy sudoku. I don't expect Ryan Reynolds to be hosting The Great Canadian Sudoku challenge anytime soon. Although it would be a lot cooler if he did.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
He's only been bad for a few games. Rielly has been bad for much longer.
it's been 8 games i think

matthews was awful 4 of those (these three + colorado)

since that suspension, he has been way too inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad