Proposal: Leafs-Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Just because you say it doesn't mean anything, doesn't make it so.
I didn't even state an opinion :laugh:

Are you that desperate to argue that you are going to argue straight forward facts?

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
As an a fan of neither team, I don't think both Kadri and Gardiner are worth either Bennett or Hamilton in a two for one deal. JVR might be more arguable, depending on team needs, but I still turn that down if I'm Calgary.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I didn't even state an opinion :laugh:

Are you that desperate to argue that you are going to argue straight forward facts?

You saying those tournaments don't mean anything is a straight forward fact? You're delusional and awfully full of yourself.

Rielly>>Hamilton end of story

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Do a poll if you are so sure

Reilly would win easy. Not that I agree, as I think both are fairly close; Reilly is the more stable defensively, Hamilton is far superior offensively. Because he puts up numbers people just think he can't play defence. And of course:

Leaf fans + Oiler fans + Vancouver fans + B's fans >>>>>> Flames fans + who'd care enough to poll :laugh:

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
So we all agree, except for the guy who proposed it I guess, that this is terrible for Calgary.
And that's not because of any flame-war crap, the leafs are giving back value in the deal. But it doesn't get you Bennett. Would we take a few anywhere from good-to-decent players packaged for Marner? Or Nylander?
Of course we wouldn't, and neither would the flames.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You saying those tournaments don't mean anything is a straight forward fact? You're delusional and awfully full of yourself.

Rielly>>Hamilton end of story
I showed evidence why using participation in those tournaments is not proof of anything.

And now that you said end of story this topic will just end right? :popcorn:

Like I said I never stated an opinion about Reilly or Hamilton.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Can you in any way back up the claim that Reilly is as extraordinary as leafs fans tell everyone?

Unbiased coach for Edmonton, talking about Rielly at the world cup:
Todd McLellan has been impressed with Morgan Rielly's ability to play multiple roles and log big minutes at the World Cup of Hockey.

"He's arguably been one of our best, he has the ability to play both sides of the puck," said McLellan. "Offensively he's been tremendous, he's defended well and he's taken huge minutes on.

"I had a high appreciation personally for the way he played the game (before the tournament), but it's gone way up. Now that you are around him day in and day out, he's a tremendous player."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/mclell...lly-when-north-america-plays-sweden-1.3080753

Would you call him a leaf fan? :dunno:

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Aside from the humor in having Kadri in the same room as Giordano, Flames decline.

Sorry Toronto, you only get 1 future captain out of the Flames in a laughably terrible, lopsided deal once every 20 years or so. Check back in 15 years please.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
You're going off of a team that didn't even pick Alex Galchenyuk?

And as above posted, hero charts hardly tell a full tale but what do ya know, Hamiltons looks pretty good. Weird how those advanced stats work, eh.

Rielly was looked upon highly enough to not only make team NA, but to play on the top pairing. Hamilton wasnt considered one of the top 8 Canadian/American players under 24. he is also a year older than RIelly. I'd like to see the poll of Rielly vs Hamilton but im pretty sure the leaf bias would prevail

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Reilly would win easy. Not that I agree, as I think both are fairly close; Reilly is the more stable defensively, Hamilton is far superior offensively. Because he puts up numbers people just think he can't play defence. And of course:

Leaf fans + Oiler fans + Vancouver fans + B's fans >>>>>> Flames fans + who'd care enough to poll :laugh:

So Hamilton has a career high of 7 more points than Rielly (while also being a year older) and that makes him far superior offensively?
I'd also like to see Hamilton's PP time vs Rielly's...

Sure.

Last edited:

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
FWIW jamie benn last season said that morgan is a an up and coming superstar in the league..

Yeah, and Peter Forsberg once said Simon Gagne was the purest goal scorer he had ever seen.

And to the guy using team NA, like I said, they didn't pick 30 goal, young 1/2C Alex Galchenyuk. Can their thought process really be trusted as the perfect barometer for skill and talent?

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah, and Peter Forsberg once said Simon Gagne was the purest goal scorer he had ever seen.

And to the guy using team NA, like I said, they didn't pick 30 goal, young 1/2C Alex Galchenyuk. Can their thought process really be trusted as the perfect barometer for skill and talent?

What are you trying to attempt here? You straight up asked to back up the notion that morgan is a great player. I did using another players opinion who has nothing to do with rielly or the leafs. This isn't his own team mate pumping his tires. Try harder :laugh:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I pass as a Leafs fan. Yeah Bennett is the best piece in this deal, and obviously you want one of the 4, but Hamilton's ****, and Wideman is worse. It's trading 2 top 6 players, and a top 4 D for a great young top 6 forward, an overpaid top 6, and the worst contract in the deal..

No reason for the Leafs to do this.

Out to lunch.

If this was available the leafs would take it and run. Its a massive rip off for Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad