Proposal: Leafs-Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
It looks good framed like that. But, how about this..

A prospect that might not make the top-20 of the Leafs prospect pool and a defenseman that suffered an injury and missed most of last season and in the games he played he struggled. Which one do the Leafs get, that guy or the one who looked like he was becoming a top-4 dman. It's a risk because he's signed for 5 years. In exchange for a top-6 center signed under reasonable money and term.

Top 6 center? Yea right, maybe on your team but in ANA he would be no better than a third line center. But hey spin it how ever you need to.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
It looks good framed like that. But, how about this..

A prospect that might not make the top-20 of the Leafs prospect pool and a defenseman that suffered an injury and missed most of last season and in the games he played he struggled. Which one do the Leafs get, that guy or the one who looked like he was becoming a top-4 dman. It's a risk because he's signed for 5 years. In exchange for a top-6 center signed under reasonable money and term.

But Bozak is not a top-6 center in Ducks, so he should be valued as a third line center with a massive cap. So he can´t be worth much, maybe a third?....

See what I did there.....

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Top 6 center? Yea right, maybe on your team but in ANA he would be no better than a third line center. But hey spin it how ever you need to.

While I fully understand you not wanting Bozak, with the logic you are using, I guess Malkin is nothing better than a 2C? I mean he isn't a 1C on his team either.....

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
But Bozak is not a top-6 center in Ducks, so he should be valued as a third line center with a massive cap. So he can´t be worth much, maybe a third?....

See what I did there.....

Again...would Malkin only have 2C value as he doesn't play 1C on the Pens?

Edit:just saw the white text.....point stands though

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Again...would Malkin only have 2C value as he doesn't play 1C on the Pens?

Edit:just saw the white text.....point stands though

Using the same logic as they guy I qouted. He said that the prospect "insert name, some finish name, forgot who it was" was worth less to Toronto cuz he would not be a top-20 prospect. Well I just replied, that same logic could be used at Bozak then, he is not a top-6 center in Ducks, so he would be woth less.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Using the same logic as they guy I qouted. He said that the prospect "insert name, some finish name, forgot who it was" was worth less to Toronto cuz he would not be a top-20 prospect. Well I just replied, that same logic could be used at Bozak then, he is not a top-6 center in Ducks, so he would be woth less.
I'm a Leaf fan....i like our prospect pool. ..but it isn't that deep.

As far as Fowler, i wouldn't deal JVR for him, creates a big hole at 1LW.

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I'm a Leaf fan....i like our prospect pool. ..but it isn't that deep.

As far as Fowler, i wouldn't deal JVR for him, creates a big hole at 1LW.

The team was looking for a top six forward with size for a while before Burke made the trade. A top line left-wing who is big, fast, and skilled is still pretty rare given the league's lack of LW depth. I don't feel like Fowler would be enough.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Dzierkals was drafted 9 spots behind Nattinen and is a similar case. Drafted out of Europe and spent his first year in the CHL last year, he had pretty good season as well. He is someone I'd rank behind Nattinen. But, he would be a comparable in the pool, so not too much higher and he is ranked at 26 on my list. I think a case could be made somewhere in the 16-25 range of the Leafs pool for Nattinen. But, he would end up in the 20's on my personal list.

1. Auston Matthews
2. Mitch Marner
3. William Nylander
4. Nikita Zaitsev
5. Connor Brown
6. Kasperi Kapanen
7. Travis Dermott
8. Yegor Korshkov
9. Connor Carrick
10. Andreas Johnson
11. Andrew Nielsen
12. Dmytro Timashov
13. Jeremy Bracco
14. Nikita Soshnikov
15. Kerby Rychel
16. Zach Hyman
17. Carl Grundstrom
18. Tobias Lindberg
19. Rinat Valiev
20. Frederik Gauthier
21. Joseph Woll
22. Brendan Leipsic
23. Joshua Leivo
24. JD Greenway
25. Adam Brooks
26. Martins Dzierkals
27. Jesper Lindgren
28. Vladimir Bobylev
29. Frankie Corrado
30. Jack Walker

What's the highest prospect on this list that you would trade straight up for Nattinen?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Ducks want quality, not quantity...

You mean YOU want quality instead of quantity, not the Ducks. You have no idea if Anaheim would be on board with a quantity for quality trade. I see this comment in every single package proposal and I find it frustrating. Quantity for quality trades happen on a regular basis. In reality, they happen way more than straight up swaps like a JVR-Fowler deal and there's usually one team that comes out with the best player in the deal. But fans on here always think they're so far fetched when proposed regardless of the value.

Regarding this OP though, I see no reason for Anaheim to accept.

mytduxfan*

You mean YOU want quality instead of quantity, not the Ducks. You have no idea if Anaheim would be on board with a quantity for quality trade. I see this comment in every single package proposal and I find it frustrating. Quantity for quality trades happen on a regular basis. In reality, they happen way more than straight up swaps like a JVR-Fowler deal and there's usually one team that comes out with the best player in the deal. But fans on here always think they're so far fetched when proposed regardless of the value.

Regarding this OP though, I see no reason for Anaheim to accept.

BM has said that our immediate need is a LH 1st line LW. Based on that, it's not incorrect for howkie to say that ANA don't want a bunch of quantity for Fowler.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Because "using the same logic" with fundamentally different set of circumstances makes complete sense.

Adding a 2C to play 3C = player playing below slot = good team. Preventing this from happening is the whole point of the cap. If you can do it within budget it makes sense and contributes to winning.

Whereas adding an equivalent depth prospect to a stocked system just means someone gets squeezed out, not much marginal gain. (Not saying that this is completely true with Nattinen)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad