Proposal: Leafs-Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SFD22

Mar 9, 2003
Simcoe, Ontario
Visit site
To ANA: Bozak + Kapanen + A. Johnson

To TOR: Fowler

Anaheim adds Bozak to centre the 3rd line and shift Rakell to LW permanently. Kapanen and Andreas Johnson are solid forward prospects.

Toronto plays Fowler with Reilly (can play RD). Leafs run with Kadri, Nylander and Matthews as their top 3 centres with lots of options on the wings.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
To ANA: Bozak + Kapanen + A. Johnson

To TOR: Fowler

Anaheim adds Bozak to centre the 3rd line and shift Rakell to LW permanently. Kapanen and Andreas Johnson are solid forward prospects.

Toronto plays Fowler with Reilly (can play RD). Leafs run with Kadri, Nylander and Matthews as their top 3 centres with lots of options on the wings.

Ducks want quality, not quantity...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why would the Ducks want Bozak? And what part of Ducks GM Bob Murray wanting a top 4 LW isn't being understood Bozak and Kapanen are both Right Handed the Ducks are set there. No way does Anaheim do this. It serves no purpose for them.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bozak isn't a good enough piece coming back to be the basis for a deal.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
bunch of poop for a 24 year old top pairing defensemen who averages 35 points a season. do people not see how much young defensemen are going for?

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Leafs fan agreeing that this is not enough for Fowler. While it sounds like Bozak would make a decent 3rd line player for the Ducks, the Leafs would value him more than that so I doubt a trade could work there.

As for JVR for Fowler I think it is a fair trade but would absolutely devastate us on left wing and wingers in general.

I think a lot of Leaf fans are looking at our prospects and assuming they will all work out perfectly. We know that won't likely be the case. JVR gives us the stability we need now and allows our players to develop for a couple of more years.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
bunch of poop for a 24 year old top pairing defensemen who averages 35 points a season. do people not see how much young defensemen are going for?

And Kapanen has zero or negative value for Anaheim. This deal is basically Bozak and Johnson for Fowler.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Kevin Bieksa? You couldn't get a garbage bag of unwashed hockey jerseys for Kevin Bieksa.

Group Chat Legend*

More like

JvR (50% retention)
for
Fowler

Add small pluses if needed. That works for both sides.

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013
And Kapanen has zero or negative value for Anaheim. This deal is basically Bozak and Johnson for Fowler.

Really? Please explain to me how Kapanen would possibly have negative value for the ducks. His ELC is too long/too much term? Regardless of whether Ducks would keep him or flip him for something that fits better, I don't see any world in which he would have negative value atm. Please tell me why he would have zero or negative value.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Lmao a good prospect and a young top 4 defensemen for a 3rd line center?

It looks good framed like that. But, how about this..

A prospect that might not make the top-20 of the Leafs prospect pool and a defenseman that suffered an injury and missed most of last season and in the games he played he struggled. Which one do the Leafs get, that guy or the one who looked like he was becoming a top-4 dman. It's a risk because he's signed for 5 years. In exchange for a top-6 center signed under reasonable money and term.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Sorry about this Ducks fans, not all of us Leafs fans are like this...

That being said, Johnson is a very underrated prospect. I think his value will increase significantly this year with him coming overseas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad