Proposal: Leafs - Ducks blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs get:

Rakell (UFA)
Lindhom (UFA)
Gibson

Ducks get:
1st 2022
1st 2023 unprotected
Nick Robertson
Abruzzese
Jake Muzzin
Jack Campbell(UFA)

Essentially this is an all in move. Upgrade from Muzzin to Lindholm and from Kerfoot to Rakell in the top 6. Add one of the top goalies going.

Ducks basically get a top 4 dman with a few years left of term for their UFA, along with 2 firsts, top prospect, an A prospect, and a replacement goalie having a great season. They can flip him or sign him.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Rakell - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Lindholm - Liljegren
Sandin - Bush
Dermott - Holl

Gibson
Mrazek

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like we’d get a lot more trading each pice individually

lindholm = 1st + good prospect
Rakell = 2nd + prospect (or 1st pending market)
Gibson = 1st + 2nd + good prospect

i feel like your 2 positive pieces short…. Also not a fan of making huge moves like this…. Start simple

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Can you give me an example of a team picking up three players of this stature in one deal at the trade deadline recently? There’s reason for that.

The Ducks can do much better in separate trades. They could get more without taking back that much salary in deals they don’t want.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I feel like we’d get a lot more trading each pice individually

lindholm = 1st + good prospect
Rakell = 2nd + prospect (or 1st pending market)
Gibson = 1st + 2nd + good prospect

You're probably right but honestly the return proposed isn't flat out terrible it's just so absurd lol
I think if you take Rakell out it could be in the ballpark of reasonable

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
The Ducks counter with a similar proposal

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

If uou want Rakell, Lindholm, and Gibson a realistic trade would be

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

A stud defenseman and goalie for stud forwards.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
Honestly if Leafs want Lindholm and I'm the Ducks, I'm asking for either two 1sts and top prospect or someone like Nylander/Marner

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Basically the same as you're asking. Ducks to give up 3 of their better players for a UFA goalie, an older overpaid defenseman that is not an upgrade over Lindholm and some unproven prospect that you are calling a top 4 d. If he was top 4 d, why isnt he on the Leafs top 4 then? Why would the Ducks give up an elite goalie under contract for an above average goalie that they have to resign and might cost more. So Leafs go all in and Ducks get worse.

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

Sir, the top 4 dman is Muzzin. I said Lindolm is an upgrade on Muzzin for the Leafs. And your proposals are not close to the same. Steel is someone like Kerfoot. Hattenkirk idk, maybe Holl? How is that close to multiple firsts, the teams top prospect, another one of their best prospects who is PPG in college and was just at the Olympics having a great showing, ++

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
If Blake Coleman can fetch one first as a rental then someone of Lindholm's calliber can easily get two and a prospect. Doesn't matter, he's resigning anyways.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
So how do the Leafs add over $14mil in cap and only give up $7mil in return. This priposal just doesnt work out. To make the cap work you have to add Nylander's 7 mil to the deal. Or give the Ducks much better to retain.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
With how the Ducks have valued Manson, 1st and prospect gets him. But I've also heard Manson's no trade list is all Canadian teams and he is interested in staying with the Ducks even for less money then he already earns.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Leafs get
Shattenkirk
1st Rd pick in 2024
Tracy
Steel

Ducks get
Marner

Leafs get
Rakell
Lindholm
Gibson

Ducks get
Matthews
Nylander

that's not realistic

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Leafs get:

Rakell (UFA)
Lindhom (UFA)
Gibson

Ducks get:
1st 2022
1st 2023 unprotected
Nick Robertson
Abruzzese
Jake Muzzin
Jack Campbell(UFA)

Essentially this is an all in move. Upgrade from Muzzin to Lindholm and from Kerfoot to Rakell in the top 6. Add one of the top goalies going.

Ducks basically get a top 4 dman with a few years left of term for their UFA, along with 2 firsts, top prospect, an A prospect, and a replacement goalie having a great season. They can flip him or sign him.

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Rakell - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Kampf - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Lindholm - Liljegren
Sandin - Bush
Dermott - Holl

Gibson
Mrazek

not close. Favors TML to an extreme. Leafs add Nylander, remove Muzzin. Add Sandin. Remove the Abruzzese.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Replacing Lindholm is going to be hard enough but sending Gibson away in a trade would just about guarantee that the ducks will have to score 3-4 goals a game to have success.

Bad idea

noo

May 10, 2021
Leafs ain't trading Muzzin, he's on LTIR and the cap relief is worth way more than his trade value right now, especially when he's pretty much a cap dump here?? summer more likely

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So if the Leafs lose in the playoffs (which even with these trades is a realistic possibility) and all these UFAs walk, then that's

Gibson for 1st 2022, 1st 2023 unprotected, Nick Robertson, Nick Abruzzese, Jake Muzzin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad