Proposal: Leafs - Coyotes fair value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Murphy already is a top 4 RHD, who is very young, could turn into a legit top line guy. He also has chemistry with OEL, and without him Luke Schenn becomes top 4 and could be OELs partner for the first couple months of the season.

How about Gardiner for Murphy + Dvorak

Way, way, way worse. Gardiner would be on the third pairing behind OEL and Goligoski. And again that would force Schenn into the top 4 and make him a potential top pairing guy for the first couple months. Coyotes wouldn't do Murphy alone for Gardiner, let alone throw Dvorak in:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
why is it always dermott and a 2nd?

murphy is a key cog for the yotes, I dont see them dealing him anytime soon unless it is for a massive iver payment.

Plus, Arizona is pretty thin on D, so they would need an impact D coming back.

To the first question,
Because Kulemin and a 3rd won't work anymore

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Just because you claim it's fair value doesn't mean it addresses each teams needs. Still better than some of your previous threads though, at least in this one you did more than post the first comment and watch the thread burn. :handclap:

Snarky Coyote

May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
This is just not a acceptable offer. Teams generally do not trade established up and coming players for a collection of prospects, lesser players or picks without a salary cap issue, salary dispute or glut of players. In this instance then adding another young player to "even out the deal" just goes from a bad deal to one that makes AZ block the TO area code at the office. Finally when making an offer to the Coyotes remember we are young strapped for D poor and prospect rich on the wing. Offers may want to consider what the other team needs. Oh and if you have to explain its a "fair value" it problably isn't.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
One would argue you should do the same with your valuation there. Murphy has potential and being right handed is a plus but he hasn't shown that he could be more valuable than Luke Schenn at this point. He probably will by the end of their first day of training camp but still putting him ahead of those guys right now is laughable.

The same Connor Murphy that played on the first pairing with OEL taking on tough matchups last year is no more valuable than Luke Schenn? Schenn must be a monster. My expectations are raised.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Connor Brown or a 2nd? As if those are equal? I don't think any team in the league would take a 2nd over Brown

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Explain.

Murphy hasn't even come close to producing at Gardiner's level. Even at the same age. Even the fancy stats appear to favor Gardiner.

What are you going by? Feelings?

EDIT: I think your reaction to Gardiner being better than Hjalmarsson is a little harsh. Gardiner's worst year is only 2 points lower than Hjalmarsson's best year. Also, the fancy stats seem to point towards Gardiner, as well.

It really amazes me how much Gardiner is under-rated and posts like yours just show me that you've never/very rarely seen him play.

If you ask all 30 gms, who do you choose between Hjalmarsson or Gardiner if you building a cup contender, who do you take? I bet all 30 takes Hjalmarsson in a heartbeat. Hjalmarsson has 3 cups, 2 of them he played the thougest minutes shutting down opponents top stars, would gardiner do that or would he crack?
Gardiner is not under-rated, Leafs fans over-rate him because semester you dont watch other teams... I'm not even a Hawks fan, but i take Hjalmarsson every time to jets over gardiner, and let him play with Trouba and creat the best shut-down pair in nhl.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs dont make a move for a dman now. is murphy worth losing connor brown, travis dermott and then connor carrick (expansion draft)

hell no

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If you ask all 30 gms, who do you choose between Hjalmarsson or Gardiner if you building a cup contender, who do you take? I bet all 30 takes Hjalmarsson in a heartbeat. Hjalmarsson has 3 cups, 2 of them he played the thougest minutes shutting down opponents top stars, would gardiner do that or would he crack?
Gardiner is not under-rated, Leafs fans over-rate him because semester you dont watch other teams... I'm not even a Hawks fan, but i take Hjalmarsson every time to jets over gardiner, and let him play with Trouba and creat the best shut-down pair in nhl.

while i generally agreed with your sentiment that yes, hjaalmarsson is a better player, this last statement definitely went to far and kinda made everything else meaningless

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
not sure how much gardiner has improved since i last saw him, but Murphy is young and still has potential plus is our only good RHD option currently until our prospects come up, there's no chance in hell we're trading him, especially for prospects, which is our biggest strength. Brown would likely be on our 3rd line in depth unless he can hit his top potential and Dermott is years away from being a force on our blueline, so that makes the proposal even worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad