GDT: Leafs @ Bruins on HNIC 7:00

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Just about to make some food and watch this game followed by Canucks/Blackhawks. Should be a couch night. :popcorn:

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Note to the antifighting crowd.Did you ever notice most hockey montages feature big goals,big saves,big hits and fights.Fights are part of the game.

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
Ah great.. Rogers has a Boston feed. Now I'll have to listen to how great this mediocre Boston team is all night. :shakehead

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
How is Reimer on the second game of back to backs? I don't know if this is a good idea.

Then again, Bernier can't stop a beach ball right about now so...

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
How is Reimer on the second game of back to backs? I don't know if this is a good idea.

If Reimer had to come out of a game for any reason I would rather Healy fill in .:laugh:

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas

according to Babcock, he talked to Reimer after the game, and is feeling that Reimer isn't as amped up as he was earlier, and being calmer can handle a back to back.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

If Reimer had to come out of a game for any reason I would rather Healy fill in .:laugh:

they should add a shooting tutor rule in the rulebook. It'll avoid those weird situations where a goalie has to play hurt.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's hard not to blame some for being pessimistic after we've seen other management mistake decent play for being ready for a cup and then making terrible errors via trade and free agency. I believe this group is different but after almost 50 years of general incompetence you can't really blame this fanbase for not jumping on board the hype train every time new management rolls into town or the team wins a couple games, even if Babcock and Shanny are probably the real deal.

I honestly think that's it right there.
As well as - some people don't want to trust Hunter & Dubas and their end of combining talent/stats in drafting players because A: it's only been one season (and we don't know how it will translate moving forward, though right now it's looking REALLY good). and B: some people are just grumpy.

I DO feel that the ultimate fear is - okay we've seen this before not even 2 years ago. team is playing better-ish than before, and changes should have been made and they ultimately did not. I firmly believe though that everyone is on the same page, and Shanahan/Lou even as of yesterday kept saying we're not going to deviate from the process, and there is still work to be done.

I just don't see them doing an about-face.

As for the pro-tank talk, I think a lot of it is just people who want progress from the organization, and think the draft is the best way to accomplish that goal. Personally, I don't care nearly as much about the score this season as I do about how the team plays. In my books the loss to NYR was better than our win over Carolina last night because we played a much stronger game, one that will result in wins more often than not. It's great to see Reimer on such a run right now but the team is playing worse from a possession standpoint and that's a trend that doesn't lead to sustainable, long-term success.

I feel the same way.

:)

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I dunno what it is, I've never liked the guy that sings the anthems in Boston lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad