GDT: Leafs @ Bruins on HNIC 7:00

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
But no Marincin....so that's good.:)

I don't know what Marincin's problem is. I almost feel like it would be a good idea to send him to the Marlies and risk him on waivers to try to regain his composure. He's just not picking up the system.

Maybe we need to give him more defensive zone starts. He's not doing much with the offensive zone starts he's getting and he did well with defensive zone starts in Edmonton.

Or maybe he needs someone like Corrado to be his partner in order to be successful.

I wouldn't be surprised if we tack him onto a deal later on in the year. He's still young and has value, but he's clearly not working out here.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
This is one game I will put the tank on hold for
I ****ing hate Boston more than Montreal

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
Yeah to hell with the future, lets' go for the 14 pick overall and keep reimer bozak and co for their whole career

Honestly it's about how many picks, not how high. Even if we finish last, we could end up not getting #1. I'm totally fine with finishing as high as possible right now, and if they're out of it at the deadline, veterans will be traded anyway.

Reimer and Bozak are both good players that can contribute going forward, however. It's guys like Boyes, Parenteau, and Polak that are expendable.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Honestly it's about how many picks, not how high. Even if we finish last, we could end up not getting #1. I'm totally fine with finishing as high as possible right now, and if they're out of it at the deadline, veterans will be traded anyway.

Reimer and Bozak are both good players that can contribute going forward, however. It's guys like Boyes, Parenteau, and Polak that are expendable.

No, they can't. Sorry. Both of them are expendable. They will need to keep playing well so that the Leafs can sell high. They are mediocre players at best who would be very expendable on contending teams. Nobody even wanted them in the summer.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
No, they can't. Sorry. Both of them are expendable. They will need to keep playing well so that the Leafs can sell high. They are mediocre players at best who would be very expendable on contending teams. Nobody even wanted them in the summer.

It's too early to say that.

Bozak doesn't get any love, but he is proving that those who thought he was a product of Kessel are wrong. He doesn't have to be Gretzky to be part of the veteran core.

Obviously trade deadlines can see you get offers you can't refuse, but if Reimer is your starter and Bozak is a solid second or third line centre, you don't give these guys away without setting the team back.

Shwaguy*

Regardless of where we draft in the first round (It will still be a good pick). We will have a **** tonne of picks after the deadline (And already have 11). And if we have a haul of picks that was as successful as this years haul has been playing this year, odds are we end up with some impact players.

Besides, if there is a player that we really covet outside of Matthews and Chychrun we would have enough picks stockpiled to trade up.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Considering we are messing up our pick anyways...might as well beat Boston. We're beating everyone else out there :laugh:.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I think Rielly and Kadri will have big nights.

And Marincin is ****ing awful.
I get Harrington over Corrado but why the hell haven't we seen him in place of Marincin yet?

what's our pace if Reimer starts 90% of the remaining games?

Reimer has 17 points in 12 starts, so if he started 90% of the remaining 62 games (55 starts) at 1.42 points per start, we'd be looking at 77 points, bringing us to 95 points on the season. This is highly unlikely.

Last edited:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I get Harrington over Corrado but why the hell haven't we seen him in place of Marincin yet?

Reimer has 17 points in 12 starts, so if he started 90% of the remaining 62 games (55 starts) at 1.42 points per start, we'd be looking at 77 points, bringing us to 95 points on the season. This is highly unlikely.

You need to factor in the last 15 games where he'll fall apart because there's actually some pressure on him :sarcasm:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah to hell with the future, lets' go for the 14 pick overall and keep reimer bozak and co for their whole career

fun fact: great players are picked after the top 5.

The Leafs are in great shape with their scouting, analytics etc..you're telling me you don't trust Hunter/Dubas? This kind of post just shows how salty and pissy pro-tank fans get after a few wins.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
fun fact: great players are picked after the top 5.

The Leafs are in great shape with their scouting, analytics etc..you're telling me you don't trust Hunter/Dubas? This kind of post just shows how salty and pissy pro-tank fans get after a few wins.

It's hard not to blame some for being pessimistic after we've seen other management mistake decent play for being ready for a cup and then making terrible errors via trade and free agency. I believe this group is different but after almost 50 years of general incompetence you can't really blame this fanbase for not jumping on board the hype train every time new management rolls into town or the team wins a couple games, even if Babcock and Shanny are probably the real deal.

As for the pro-tank talk, I think a lot of it is just people who want progress from the organization, and think the draft is the best way to accomplish that goal. Personally, I don't care nearly as much about the score this season as I do about how the team plays. In my books the loss to NYR was better than our win over Carolina last night because we played a much stronger game, one that will result in wins more often than not. It's great to see Reimer on such a run right now but the team is playing worse from a possession standpoint and that's a trend that doesn't lead to sustainable, long-term success.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
pYEbFcH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad