Proposal: Leafs Big contract move

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Won't happen. It has to be Nylander or Marner who gets traded. Fans will want Marner, but due to contract/play/etc.. Nylander will return more and he'll likely be the guy moved if they lose again.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The thud you here this year in Leafville is Matthews struggling to get over 40 goals this year.

Nonetheless, Tavares is the contract you move. Overpaid and not getting any younger
Nylander is maturing nicely, not really overpaid.
Marner is a one way player, overpaid.
Matthews will never be traded as he is the face of the leafs (and Ea Hockey for some weird reason)

Leafs are a sorry built team that has no leader, average to below average goaltending, just an average defence plus no real cap space due to Dubas trying to be the players friend and basically being a below average GM.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
The thud you here this year in Leafville is Matthews struggling to get over 40 goals this year.

Nonetheless, Tavares is the contract you move. Overpaid and not getting any younger
Nylander is maturing nicely, not really overpaid.
Marner is a one way player, overpaid.
Matthews will never be traded as he is the face of the leafs (and Ea Hockey for some weird reason)

Leafs are a sorry built team that has no leader, average to below average goaltending, just an average defence plus no real cap space due to Dubas trying to be the players friend and basically being a below average GM.

Let me guess you are a bruins fan.

If you gave everyone the option of taking the over on a Matthews 40 goal season I think everyone would take it.

What thud are you even referring to?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Let me guess you are a bruins fan.

If you gave everyone the option of taking the over on a Matthews 40 goal season I think everyone would take it.

What thud are you even referring to?

I'm assuming the thud is the sound of Bergeron's contract negotiations falling off. Imagine going from Bergeron-Kreijci as your top two Cs to Coyle-Haula a year from now.

Reactions: Papi 4 Hart

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I can understand the OPS frustration but I think Marner is a far more likely candidate.

Fact is nothing changes until one big fail so this is a year early.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Yea but Matthews makes much more than 10 million. My whole point is our top 4 are all over paid. And there is no need for your snide remarks. Jerkbait....makes sense.
Not really. Your top 2 are paid right online and well deserved. Just look at the production. Comparing matthews to malkin is a joke. 8 goals 10 million is over paid . Now 3 through 4 yes . That's alot to spend of those. But again your # 3 is still paid online with what is acceptable. Every team will habe something along these lines. Just look at the $$$ Pittsburgh shells out to malkin and zucker and look at the return....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad