Rumor: Leafs and Oilers will not be looking for a Goalie at the Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Has Koskinen's recent hot run taken away doubt for Holland to try and get a goalie.

Toronto is confident that Campbell is just in a funk?

Goaltending can easily sink any team in the post-season, this is a gamble gamble for both teams imo

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
As a Leafs fan I'm okay with this. I trust Campbell to find his groove again. We are better off spending the assets/cap space on a defenseman and a middle 6/top 6 forward.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
As a Leafs fan I'm okay with this. I trust Campbell to find his groove again. We are better off spending the assets/cap space on a defenseman and a middle 6/top 6 forward.

I dunno about that, you can trade for Lidstrom in his prime and it wont matter if Campbell plays like how he has been playing and has been playing for the majority of his career.

Not that there are top notch goalies available, if there go get him, but getting an insurance goalie is something the Leafs should definitely look into.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It makes sense when you think about it logically. There are only a few goalies in the league who year in and year out stand in the top 5 consistency. Therefore teams need to draft and develop their own and put together a solid team defense to help.

Trading for a goalie is nothing but a headache and no guarantee. St Louis goaltender Bennington caught lightning in a bottle and the same with Scott darling both goalies following seasons were less than expected.

Or look at lundquist he was a all star goalie but never won a cup and his talent alone wasn't enough to help new york win...

Depth and solidify your bottom lines at the center and adding defensive depth ...

Reactions: abo9 and teddygmr

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I dunno about that, you can trade for Lidstrom in his prime and it wont matter if Campbell plays like how he has been playing and has been playing for the majority of his career.

Not that there are top notch goalies available, if there go get him, but getting an insurance goalie is something the Leafs should definitely look into.
Hard to make a deal for an insurance goalie without moving Mrazek…which will cost more assets…

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I hope the Ducks keep Gibson, but if they were to trade him these 2 just seem like the logical landing spots for him.
And with the Oilers luck, you are in the same division lol. Could not see Anaheim even trading him #1, and then also giving him to a divisional team if they did. ANA is doing well, why trade him?

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
And with the Oilers luck, you are in the same division lol. Could not see Anaheim even trading him #1, and then also giving him to a divisional team if they did. ANA is doing well, why trade him?

Most Ducks fans speculate that he will want out if the Ducks lose/trade Lindholm. He has has a pretty shitty attitude whenever the Ducks have been bad over the past like 3 seasons.

Also, if the Ducks lose/trade Lindholm that sets their rebuild back a few years.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why is this tagged as Sportsnet? Chris Johnston n longer works for Sportsnet. And the tweet clearly mentions him making the comments on Sportscentre, which is a TSN show.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Has Koskinen's recent hot run taken away doubt for Holland to try and get a goalie.

Toronto is confident that Campbell is just in a funk?

Goaltending can easily sink any team in the post-season, this is a gamble gamble for both teams imo

So does this mean a big upgrade on defense is coming? Because that is the only thing that helps the Oilers goaltending without getting another goaltender.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad