Proposal: Leafs and Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pawbloini

Oct 14, 2020
**If Oleksiak is willing to waive NTC to play in hometown**

To TML
Oleksiak
McCann

To SK

Nylander
Holl
Ty Voit

Seattle salary out $7.54 million
Seattle salary in $8.96 million

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
From a Kraken stand point I would certainly consider it, but I don't know if I would ultimately bite. Oleksiak has been very good for us, certainly a way better player than Holl and McCann is putting up better than Nylander-like goal scoring and is only 25.

Good proposal, though. One both sides would have to think seriously about even if neither side actually pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Still can't believe we didn't protect McCann - everyone knew it was a bad call to protect Holl over him - Dubas really is something lol

Reactions: Eegs

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Still can't believe we didn't protect McCann - everyone knew it was a bad call to protect Holl over him - Dubas really is something lol
I’m still pissed they didn’t take KERFOOT. He’s having an ok year, time to sell high Dubas ffs

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Why would leafs trade a top 5 winger for garbage
Man, you need to do a little research. Oleksiak is a legit top 4 defender who plays over 19 minutes a game against top lines and is a +1 on a horrible defensive team. McCann has more goals than Nylander (20 to 17) and is the same age.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Man, you need to do a little research. Oleksiak is a legit top 4 defender who plays over 19 minutes a game against top lines and is a +1 on a horrible defensive team. McCann has more goals than Nylander and is the same age.

No point in encouraging folks who are posting just to get a rise out of others. Ignore them or report them.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No point in encouraging folks who are posting just to get a rise out of others. Ignore them or report them.
I don't think he was necessarily trolling, more likely he is just blissfully unkowledgible and doesn't know it. Or care.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leafs easily pass. Nylander is significantly better than McCann. Holl fills the same kind of role Oleksiak does for less than half of the cap hit. Voit has been a great prospect for us.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
McCann and oleksiak are nice pieces, but not at that price.
Trading willy creates a bigger hole than we are filling, and I think Voit is very underrated
Might be a deal here, but for Nylander ain’t the one

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
**If Oleksiak is willing to waive NTC to play in hometown**

To TML
Oleksiak
McCann

To SK

Nylander
Holl
Ty Voit

Seattle salary out $7.54 million
Seattle salary in $8.96 million
Geez that's bad. Like resetting the bar type bad. :laugh:

** love to grab Olesiak and Holl needs to go but not for Nylander

Reactions: Cams

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
OP has one post on this website and it's trying to trade Nylander. Man, this takes me back to 2018 more than losing to the actual Bruins does.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Man, you need to do a little research. Oleksiak is a legit top 4 defender who plays over 19 minutes a game against top lines and is a +1 on a horrible defensive team. McCann has more goals than Nylander (20 to 17) and is the same age.

And now do points, and then do shooting percentage...

I wouldn't give up Nylander for both McCann and Oleksiak. It is a top line winger who is producing PPG vs a 2nd line winger and a #3 (you can correct me here)?

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
And now do points, and then do shooting percentage...

I wouldn't give up Nylander for both McCann and Oleksiak. It is a top line winger who is producing PPG vs a 2nd line winger and a #3 (you can correct me here)?

And Nylander plays with Matthews and Tavares and on that Toronto PP, while McCann plays with (and carries) Marcus Johansson and Alex Wennberg

Put Nylander on that Seattle team and guaranteed he'd have a lot less points.

McCaan's shooting percentage is high because he regularly takes high percentage shots and picks the corners. If we included all of his posts and slightly wide shots, his shooting percentage would be relatively normal.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not that the Leafs would entertain this at all but say Dubas loses his mind again, Nylander instantly becomes the Krakens best player by a pretty wide margin.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
And Nylander plays with Matthews and Tavares and on that Toronto PP, while McCaan plays with (and carries) Marcus Johansson and Alex Wennberg

Put Nylander on that Seattle team and guaranteed he'd have a lot less points.

McCaan's shooting percentage is high because he regularly takes high percentage shots and picks the corners. If we included all of his posts and slightly wide shots, his shooting percentage would be relatively normal.

You're right, we should have protected McCann over the far inferior Nylander.

I've seen enough of McCann and Oleksiak to know that Nylander holds more value than both.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
You're right, we should have protected McCann over the far inferior Nylander.

I've seen enough of McCann and Oleksiak to know that Nylander holds more value than both.
No one is saying you shouldn't have protected Nylander, but McCann is Seattle's MVP, and this entire thread is full of Leafs fans that have watched McCann play one game this season and believe he is a 3rd line player. If you look at his production with Pit and his linemates there with limited ice time, you can see his production is not a fluke.

You don't like the proposal, that is totally fair, but to pretend Toronto is getting a garbage return is crap. This trade makes Seattle worse, and depending on McCanns extension, I doubt I'd do it from Seattle's perspective.

Reactions: kihei

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad