Proposal: LEAFS and DEVILS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Kerfoot + Ritchie + Engvall + Amirov or Robertson
$7,250,000 TOTAL

for

Subban (50% retained), M. Wood (25% retained)
$7,062,500 TOTAL

Probably beneficial for Subban - he would thrive more with spotlight on him - he could either sign a "hometown extension" like a Spezza or Simmonds (750k-1m) OR use it as a platform to get another multiyear deal if he plays well. His skill set would be better for Toronto and their PP

New Jersey would get 3 players UNDER contract for the next season and/or could use them as movable assets.

re-qualifying Engvall will likely be easier for the NJ compared to Wood.
Leafs easliy decline .

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You’re right. No points in 5 games so far is unacceptable. Devils should waive him. Who cares that he’s been injured all season and hasn’t played yet.

Are you still talking about Miles Wood? cuz he's got 0 point in 0 games this year... cuz he'd been hurt
Wood is the exact kind of player every contender should want on their team, so it makes sense Toronto wouldn't want him

that moment when you accidently show how little knowledge you have and make a fool of yourself to everyone... He has 0 points in 0 games. because hes injured...

ugggg 0 points in 5 playoff games

That moment you make a fool of yourself telling someone else they've made a fool of themselves.

Those are his career playoff stats because they were responding to a comment about him being " the perfect playoff player."
Thank you, I had a chuckle at this.

lol.

Subban sure but Wood is a really good bottom 6 player. But sure, whatever you say!

Say if Wood was available on the waiver wire, and we had a deal to move Ritchie, then yes for sure I would claim Wood.
However as the team sits i feel a claim on Wood would leave us zero wiggle room cap wise and the improvement in the bottom 6 Wood represents would be offset by the cap complications.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
ugggg 0 points in 5 playoff games

Thank you, I had a chuckle at this.

Say if Wood was available on the waiver wire, and we had a deal to move Ritchie, then yes for sure I would claim Wood.
However as the team sits i feel a claim on Wood would leave us zero wiggle room cap wise and the improvement in the bottom 6 Wood represents would be offset by the cap complications.
Wood isn’t going on waivers though, I’m not sure why that matters.

I would think the Leafs would be happy to get out Kerfoot’s 2 year/3.5m deal and Richie’s 2 year/2.5m deal isn’t looking that good either. (That’s in the weird trade proposal.) Losing three LW from your current lineup while adding one in a mid-season trade is comically drastic. And Wood being out for awhile with a mysterious serious injury should kill any imaginary trade for now.

I also assume the Devils don’t have any interest in picking both those deals up, even to pick up a prospect (fans are typically more into that hypothetical than NHL GMs).

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Wood isn’t going on waivers though, I’m not sure why that matters.

I would think the Leafs would be happy to get out Kerfoot’s 2 year/3.5m deal and Richie’s 2 year/2.5m deal isn’t looking that good either. (That’s in the weird trade proposal.) Losing three LW from your current lineup while adding one in a mid-season trade is comically drastic. And Wood being out for awhile with a mysterious serious injury should kill any imaginary trade for now.

I also assume the Devils don’t have any interest in picking both those deals up, even to pick up a prospect (fans are typically more into that hypothetical than NHL GMs).
personally Kerfoot is fine at his deal, he is a very versatile player

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
That moment you make a fool of yourself telling someone else they've made a fool of themselves.

Those are his career playoff stats because they were responding to a comment about him being " the perfect playoff player."
LMAO so you’re taking his playoff stats into account when he’s had FIVE total games 5 years ago as a 23 year old against the lightning. That is so incredibly dumb i didn’t even think anyone in the world would ever try to make that argument. Wow congrats you got me LOL

Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Besides all the other reasons, Kerfoot choose not to sign with the Devils after we drafted him. Why would we now trade for him?

Jul 10, 2003
KW
LMAO so you’re taking his playoff stats into account when he’s had FIVE total games 5 years ago as a 23 year old against the lightning. That is so incredibly dumb i didn’t even think anyone in the world would ever try to make that argument. Wow congrats you got me LOL

Everyone in the world has made that argument against the young Leaf players.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Don't want present day Subban.

Andreas Johnsson (back) and Ryan Graves? Yes please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad