Pre-Game Talk: Leafs(4-4-1) @ Jets (8-0) - 7:30 Amazon Prime

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So much for a tough love coach……….

You can see the style shift and everything. No moving MM and AM apart. The PP, notice they took the other scorer off PP1 and now Nylander is shooting PP2 lol.

Pretty obvious MM can block removing him from PP1 because he will say you are affecting me in a contract year.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Glad to see Robertson benched... He was brought in to do one thing, score goals and he's not doing it, why keep him on the lineup?

He offers nothing else if he's not scoring.
You could say that about 34,16, and 88 too, only difference is Robertson is paid like a fringe NHLer, the others not so much…..

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
At all costs seems like 34 and 16 must be stapled together.

Personally I would try what we did in the early years when we had 34 and 88 on their strong sides where they would either catch and release or rip passes through seams to one another.

Hate the second line. Patches and Tavares are way too slow for 88.

Personally I would try what we did in the early years when we had 34 and 88 on their strong sides where they would either catch and release or rip passes through seams to one another.

Why on earth is Lily not getting a game? Beyond insane at this point. Berube is already pissing me off.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I doubt Morgan cares. I don't think Nylander forces much either. AM and MM 100%

The one constant all these years is our #1 Dman who is really a #2, was here during the basement years, has never really brough the consistency you want for a #1, you spend a decade trying to find someone who can play with this elite #1, he's had what 10 D partners who cant play with him, at a certain point maybe its not the long list of D partners that could not play with Morgan maybe its Morgan that can't play with anyone? The story of Morgan being an elite player is as legit as the story of a Saskwatch ... they are only true if you believe them. I think Morgan is a great guy, salt of the earth type but he makes too little impact to be an elite player and makes too many mistakes to be an elite defender.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Why on earth is Lily not getting a game? Beyond insane at this point. Berube is already pissing me off.
The Matthews/Marner thing is beyond annoying. Marner has had a few good games, but awful for the others. Same for some other guys, but it seems these 2 are teflon.

Reactions: supermann_98

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Glad to see Robertson benched... He was brought in to do one thing, score goals and he's not doing it, why keep him on the lineup?

He offers nothing else if he's not scoring.

Lmao we are struggling to score, so our best move is to take out someone who actually can score (albeit not at a high clip) and put in someone who has shown limited offensive prowess?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Jeez... Reading our thread we are discussing the lineup, changes by Berube, arguing with each other about our team.

Nearly every post on the Jets board is about us, how much they hate our fans, how if we win it is our stanley cup (they got that backwards lol) and all of that.

Little brother syndrome in full effect.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Annoying that Berube came 2/3 of the way to making a good 3rd line but took out Robertson in favour of Holmberg.
Robertson has scored a goal, every time he gets inserted back in the lineup. Maybe it's a good tactic to get him going. Sit a game or two, and then come back and be productive??

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He yelled at Matthews the other day. He hasn't been yelled at in his entire life. He has shut down. I'm surprised he's even coming out of his room.
When the kids play badly Berube should send them fir a time out to think about their poor play, orcthat considered abuse………

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Holy just split Marner and Matthews up already. Marner has tunnel vision when it comes to Matthews, and Matthews can’t be at his best either since Marner never shoots and other teams know it.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I seem to recall Marner dominating on the powerplay under Babcock when he was running his own unit from the point.

Reactions: supermann_98

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The one constant all these years is our #1 Dman who is really a #2, was here during the basement years, has never really brough the consistency you want for a #1, you spend a decade trying to find someone who can play with this elite #1, he's had what 10 D partners who cant play with him, at a certain point maybe its not the long list of D partners that could not play with Morgan maybe its Morgan that can't play with anyone? The story of Morgan being an elite player is as legit as the story of a Saskwatch ... they are only true if you believe them. I think Morgan is a great guy, salt of the earth type but he makes too little impact to be an elite player and makes too many mistakes to be an elite defender.
While what you say might be true, the time to move on from him, and re-allocate that cap space was before he signed his extension. Now he's our guy, and the best thing to do, is find him the right type of partner.

Tanev should be that guy...

And when you look at the fancy stats... it all looks great. 44 shots for, 33 against while they are on the ice together. 57.1% shots for. 54% Corsi For, Positive expected goals.

I'd suspect their actual goals for vs. against, would look pretty favourable, if the team wasn't shooting like crap.

Marner, career 12.9% shooter.. currently at 4.2%
Matthews career 16.1%... currently at 9.5%
Domi.. currently 0%
Tavares career 12.8%, currently 7.1%.

Only Nylander and Knies are performing well of the "top 6" type guys. McMann is too.. but these four above, really need to start executing.

It's early in the year, the underlying stats seem to suggest some good play... ya, Mo will always have some boneheaded plays.. but I would preach patience with these guys.

Our forwards, and "elite" guys are the ones who need to step up with their play... in all zones.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Call us waste management titan GFL because good f***ing luck.

We're winning tonight tho
these guys keep losing at least I can put all my leaf gear in one of there bins lol, but it will be only a show when no ones looking I will go collect it, and say sorry to it lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad