Pre-Game Talk: Leafs(4-4-1) @ Jets (8-0) - 7:30 Amazon Prime

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Leafs are undefeated on Prime, while the Jets are undefeated on the season.
Something has to give in this battle of Titans.

Assuming they go back to Woll?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The Leafs have no business winning this game. However, every October they seem to start rocky then have a big win or two to close out October slightly above .500 before going on a November run. Like clockwork.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Jets are hot. What changes have they made since last year? When Leafs played them around Christmas they were terrible.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Jets are due for a loss.
Seems they've had a pretty soft schedule to start.

1730120965226.png

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Some good tough matches lately.

I hope the Myers experiment is over... He struggled badly last game. I think it would be a good time to turn to Liljegren and Timmins to give Benoit some much needed benching because he's also been on the struggle bus.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Jets are hot. What changes have they made since last year? When Leafs played them around Christmas they were terrible.
its not the playoffs...
if you think the Leafs are a regular season team, feel extra sorry for the Jets, who have had a top 2 goalie in the league and then he turns into a sieve once the playoffs start. ...even worse than Sorokin who keeps losing the net in the playoffs and Soros, who can steal a game, but not a series.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Some good tough matches lately.

I hope the Myers experiment is over... He struggled badly last game. I think it would be a good time to turn to Liljegren and Timmins to give Benoit some much needed benching because he's also been on the struggle bus.
Lilly has to come in now. Look Lilly lost his spot and thats on him, but nobody with a straight face can tell me Benoit, Timmins and Myers have played so well that Lilly only should have played one game.

Also regarding the PP, maybe lets give the guy a chance when the PP was clicking at 50% in February. Just a thought coaching staff.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Going to be a juggling act tonight, Leafs, Steelers, World Series

7pm start on a normal channel would have been nice.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This will be one of those "the Leafs should lose, so they obviously will win" games. Woll will steal it.
I really wish you'd stop cursing this team, with horrible predictions. Go predict a long losing streak, as your predictions invariably end up having the opposite result.

------------------------------------

Lilly should be back in, and should stay in. I don't have high expectations of this team right now, and given how depressing they've played, I haven't really posted much in days. What is there to say? They've sucked.

Thankfully the Marlies are one of the best teams in the AHL.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Leafs are undefeated on Prime, while the Jets are undefeated on the season.
Something has to give in this battle of Titans.

Assuming they go back to Woll?

Hate to give credit to an American "television" station doing a good job with the NHL broadcast but they did a hell of a job the last two Mondays... visual quality is second to none, the play by play is actually pretty good, production value is top notch, intermission show is Ok, the woman who was small talking s#it talking locker room banter with Messier was cringe (no idea who she is, probably a national womans team hockey player) but Adnan(sp?) did a great job. After the Fox fiasco and the ESPN dud - Amazon might be redemption for Americans trying to air hockey...

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Hate to give credit to an American "television" station doing a good job with the NHL broadcast but they did a hell of a job the last two Mondays... visual quality is second to none, the play by play is actually pretty good, production value is top notch, intermission show is Ok, the woman who was small talking s#it talking locker room banter with Messier was cringe but Adnan(sp?) did a great job. After the Fox fiasco and the ESPN dud - Amazon might be redemption for Americans trying to air hockey...
Much prefer TSN or Sportsnet.
I like to be able to easily flip between games.

Reactions: horner

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
We shall see exactly what this team is made of tonight. I'm excited. If they've instilled a pushback mentality, now is the time to prove it. If they fall flat, not even Berube can get thru to the gutlessness this team operates with.

I want some damn fireworks. I know we gotta give Woll starts but Stolarz is absolutely KILLING it. He was my favorite signing this off season and he's really paying off.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Much prefer TSN or Sportsnet.
I like to be able to easily flip between games.

Convenience not there yet but eventually you will have a guide like regular TV that will allow you to flip, they already have a guide on Fire TV for free TV and select apps. It's coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad