Confirmed with Link: Leaf sign G Anthony Stolarz (2 year, $2.5M AAV)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'm thinking we'll see a baseball style rotation for our goalies assuming things don't work out miraculously with a healthy breakout from Woll.

Woll - 35 games
Stolarz - 30 games
Murray - 12 games
Hildeby - 5 games
I was thinking something similar but more starts for Hildeby and less for Murray

Stolarz - 36
Woll - 32
Hildeby - 11
Murray - 3

Reactions: Buds17

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I just suspect there to be at least one time during the season where both Stolarz and Woll are both out for some reason. It seems to happen a lot.
Yep, that's what I meant by going off the rails.
Hopefully it won't come to that.

Yep. A couple seasons in a row the #3 has seen game time. Jones alone played 22# games last season
I think Murray is the #4 now.
Hildeby will get the #3 games, IMO.

Reactions: Menzinger

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's early but he was my #1 target this off-season for goalies and he looks to have worked well.

I liked Mrazek as a 1 year option back when we signed him too but the contract they signed for him was wild.

So I am hardly a goalie guru lol.

Reactions: Sypher04 and Dog

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yep, that's what I meant by going off the rails.
Hopefully it won't come to that.

I think Murray is the #4 now.
Hildeby will get the #3 games, IMO.

That's probably fair but I think Murray may be given a few courtesy games if an emergency call up is needed especially if he does well. He's been a good soldier for the club, they'll reward it

Reactions: ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I just suspect there to be at least one time during the season where both Stolarz and Woll are both out for some reason. It seems to happen a lot.
Hopefully not... Stolarz has generally been healthy in his career, he had some knee problems in 2023 and had a small procedure done but no issues since then I believe.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hopefully not... Stolarz has generally been healthy in his career, he had some knee problems in 2023 and had a small procedure done but no issues since then I believe.
His career was sidetracked with knee issues 17-18. He's been behind some good goalies. Let's hope he is ready to shine, he was always highly touted and has looked capable.

Reactions: 1specter

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yep. A couple seasons in a row the #3 has seen game time. Jones alone played 22# games last season
I wonder if we eventually see some cap provisions moving forward that allow teams to actually carry 3 goalies.

Seems more and more as though we are heading into the direction of all teams now packing 3 goalies

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I don't know the upper ceiling for Woll/Stolarz/Hildeby, but it feels like they'll perform better than 15th/16th in the league (or better than average).

Reactions: Menzinger

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Can this guy at his age become our Tim Thomas? Another guy who got the #1 spot relatively later in his career and wins his team the cup

He is like 30 I think we could get 4 years out of that and maybe 5 if lucky. Woll now has to prove himself to not be a injury prone bust.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wonder if we eventually see some cap provisions moving forward that allow teams to actually carry 3 goalies.

Seems more and more as though we are heading into the direction of all teams now packing 3 goalies

It's apparently been a topic of discussion lately at league meetings.

I can see a change happening, especially with more teams leaning on goaltending depth

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Can this guy at his age become our Tim Thomas? Another guy who got the #1 spot relatively later in his career and wins his team the cup

This summer, some voices out of Florida (cannot remember if it was other newly signed Leafs or other Florida players) were commenting on how good he really is. Sort of like "the best goalie nobody realizes is a great goalie" kind of stuff. I've been high on him since then, and his early season play backs up those assessments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad