Post-Game Talk: Leaf fans send your gift baskets to 1 Panther Pkwy, Sunrise, FL 33323, Panthers have taken Bruins to at least 6 with a 4-3 OT win

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Players who have contracts up who we may be saying goodbye to:

Radko Gudas- Will be 33 and a UFA. Would love him back on the 3rd pair but if he wants top 4 money, I can't see it

Marc Staal- He's actually been ok in the playoffs but dear god if he's back

Eric Staal- Great 2nd half and good playoffs, think his age, whole pride thing may have burned a bridge, he may choose to retire on his terms, but someone will sign him if he wants to continue his career

Alex Lyon- Has earned an NHL contract, which he won't get here, he'll be a backup elsewhere next year

Givani Smith-RFA who may not be tendered a new contract

Casey Fitzgerald- RFA who may not be tendered a new contract

Patrick Hornqvist- Likely retiring due to multiple concussions

Anthony Duclair- His play this year definitely has me wondering if he might be shipped out

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Posted this in the other thread.

If PoMo wants to get Barkov going. Take the quote and broadcast it in the locker room before the game. And then tell Barkov that he needs to cross check someone every shift in the first period or he's benched for the rest of the game. Maybe that'll get him going.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Dont forget Colin White! We have his RFA rights too!!!!!

Posted this in the other thread.

If PoMo wants to get Barkov going. Take the quote and broadcast it in the locker room before the game. And then tell Barkov that he needs to cross check someone every shift in the first period or he's benched for the rest of the game. Maybe that'll get him going.
Barkov reacting to finding out about the quote and it was the Tkachuk's

oh-you-pointing-reaction-will-smith-36lw5v6f1px3kbdf.gif

• Haha
Reactions: pantherbot

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My favorite moment from before last game was when Fitzgerald dressed before Carlsson because of his handedness, it's like when Mr. Burns pinch hit Homer for Darryl Strawberry because Homer was a righty.

Not to say there's a huge skill difference but Carlsson deserved way more of a look than he got.
Greatest episode ever!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
There is a difference between hurting someone and injuring someone.

You are in the wrong sport if you arent look to hurt someone during the course of the game. Go to baseball or basketball if thats the case.

Reactions: pantherbot

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I feel like Gudas is such an important part of this team that I can't see him not coming back next year. We need The Butcher if we wanna go on a long playoff run imo.
The Staals can get f***ed.
I want Lyon back, especially if we don't know what's going on with Knight.
The rest of that list is a giant "Whoooooooo Cares"

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
The Staals will be gone. Their play the last 30 games was decent but doesn’t make up for the dogcrap play they had for the first 60 games.

Duclair should be gone. Can’t say he’s shown anything since coming back from injury that I am holding out hope for. He might rebound on another team but I’d rather move him while he has value.

I like Gudas but I’m sensing an Anton Stralman-like decline coming sometime soon. As a bottom 6 guy I’d keep him but I wouldn’t expect him to be top-4

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Can we con a team this summer into taking Barkov for one of their centers who is better but because everyone views him as this superstar player who’s one of the most underrated players they think they’re making out better, but really they’re not. For instance, Aho. I’m actually curious if zito went to Carolina and said would you do a 1:1 swap, Barkov for aho, would they accept? I personally rank him (age and contracts aside) in the 16-20 range for centers alone, let alone nhl.com’s laughable rankings of him as a top-10 players when you factor in wingers, goaltenders, and D. I’m sure enough GMs have this weird view of him as that but if that quote is any indication maybe people are starting to catch on.

ironically i mentioned how I’d trade him for Hintz the other day, saw this last night
62F50B14-7FEB-4EB3-9C59-D75A31304268.jpeg

Barkov’s got 2pts, 0 goals, a -2, and averages less than 3 shots per game this series (and that’s after 7 shots in the last game). A whopping 2 goals in the last 14 playoff games.

I know it sounds like piling on, but it’s just beyond frustrating when your #1 center, you’re supposed best player, you’re captain, the guy you locked in longterm that was this big thing since he was supposed to be That Guy, the most underrated player in the league, the face of the franchise…and this is what we get every trip to the playoffs. It’s beyond frustrating

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I certainly love Gudas and what he brings. But I’m also wondering if we just need ‘more’ back there. He’s a good #5 guy but realistically we need more #3 - #4 type guys to mix with Gus, Montour, and Ek. With Mahura being a serviceable #6.

-ghoste

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I certainly love Gudas and what he brings. But I’m also wondering if we just need ‘more’ back there. He’s a good #5 guy but realistically we need more #3 - #4 type guys to mix with Gus, Montour, and Ek. With Mahura being a serviceable #6.

-ghoste

Zito had the entire season to re-sign Gudas and he didn't get anything done. Perhaps he's looking at Klingberg as an insurance because Ekblad will get injured at some point.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Can we con a team this summer into taking Barkov for one of their centers who is better but because everyone views him as this superstar player who’s one of the most underrated players they think they’re making out better, but really they’re not. For instance, Aho. I’m actually curious if zito went to Carolina and said would you do a 1:1 swap, Barkov for aho, would they accept? I personally rank him (age and contracts aside) in the 16-20 range for centers alone, let alone nhl.com’s laughable rankings of him as a top-10 players when you factor in wingers, goaltenders, and D. I’m sure enough GMs have this weird view of him as that but if that quote is any indication maybe people are starting to catch on.

ironically i mentioned how I’d trade him for Hintz the other day, saw this last night
View attachment 697135

Barkov’s got 2pts, 0 goals, a -2, and averages less than 3 shots per game this series (and that’s after 7 shots in the last game). A whopping 2 goals in the last 14 playoff games.

I know it sounds like piling on, but it’s just beyond frustrating when your #1 center, you’re supposed best player, you’re captain, the guy you locked in longterm that was this big thing since he was supposed to be That Guy, the most underrated player in the league, the face of the franchise…and this is what we get every trip to the playoffs. It’s beyond frustrating
No to mention he hasn’t been great at face offs either lol

Reactions: FrolikFan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad