GDT: le Club de hockey Canadien vs Rags, 7:15 pm - TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah but they obviously did their homework on the wrist and it hasn't been a problem. You can't predict what happened to him. That was a great trade, it just hasn't worked out. Yet...
I still maintain that people are way too impatient. We knew all along it would take a minimum of 5 years, There's two more years remaining (including this one).

Reactions: Big Lurk

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
This is why I'd take Trouba in a second here to replace Savard, but he'd never come to Canada. Or McDonagh if he was a RHD. The team needs experience, food defensive habits, hard to play against players. The young players keep putting themselves in vulnerable positions.
Funny enough, Habs had a tough defense when both Chiarot and Edmunson were on the team. But that didn't make the good defensemen lol

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Matheson fought Trouba, what else did you want?

Our thoughts guy on the ice is Pezzetta.

f***ing Micheal Pezzetta. Let that sink in real good.

The Habs.

Some rage, some slashes, crosschecks, hate.

f***, emotions, ANYTHING else than their shitty pouting attitudes like a beaten dog.
They have no heart, fight, respect for themselves and their colleague, partners, friends.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I still maintain that people are way too impatient. We knew all along it would take a minimum of 5 years, There's two more years remaining (including this one).
You are correct. The usual suspects can't wait to shit all over everything... and many screamed that we needed a rebuild for years.

All that being said... I expected us to be better. I expected some rust with Dach but he's been so, so bad. And we just can't afford to have him sink because we don't have the depth to make up for it. And we're already running into the stupid injury bug again. It ain't good.

Still really early in the season. Still time to turn it around. But if Dach doesn't recover somewhat it's going to be a long season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We'll need free agency/trades for defence. We wont have 7 years to waste on what ifs.
Instead on giving up on the kids i'd think about replacing the vets. I like Savard but he has been trash this year. And it wont get better in the upcoming years. I know Matheson has his fan club but he has always been super weak defensively (which is why he was traded as a borderline cap dump twice). Our young dmen can province offense ideally we should have vets able to play defense not the other way around. That's my opinion anyway.

Reactions: Big Lurk

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
Some rage, some slashes, crosschecks, hate.

f***, emotions, ANYTHING else than their shitty pouting attitudes like a beaten dog.
They have no heart, fight, respect for themselves and their colleague, partners, friends.
Exactly this. Why fight Trouba? Go over to Panarin and feed him with some shots. Why not make the Rangers team pay instead of some plug defenseman?

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Fire St Louis now FFS! Enough!
Why

At the moment

We have 3 top 6 forwards
1 legit First pairing D with Guhle
5 Dmen out of 7 that are not known for their defensive play (Mailloux, Hutson, Matheson, Barron, Xhekaj)

And maybe 2 number 2 goalies at best

You cant make filet mignon with shit sauce

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I have no problem with losing. As you said, I expected it, even asked for it. (Heck, I still ask for it!)

That said, you can lose and still show pride. Defend your teammates. Actually skate hard. Play some sort of an organised gameplan.

This team is disorganised, most guys show no passion or intensity, there's no physicality, the gameplan is garbage and the goalies suck.

This is not the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad