LD Vince Dunn - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2015, 56th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Having a terrific game against London. Up against Marner, Dvorak, and Tkachuk. In a game with a lot of talent in it. He's been the best player on the ice after 2 periods.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Having a terrific game against London. Up against Marner, Dvorak, and Tkachuk. In a game with a lot of talent in it. He's been the best player on the ice after 2 periods.

I'm just gonna follow you around on here because his goal was beautifully placed, and I can't not see him playing for St. Louis in the future.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm just gonna follow you around on here because his goal was beautifully placed, and I can't not see him playing for St. Louis in the future.

I will have to admit, he was not as high on my list last year as other D men. May have been my oversight or even my mistake. He has looked very good tonight in a game with a lot of high picks and potential high picks.

No probs, you can follow me around. :) Always like chatting about good prospects. St. Louis do it again in the 2nd rd with this kid.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Team Canada no doubt missed Dunn when he was injured to miss the WJC. Impressive young D man. He's Shea Theodore-esque. Which is just as high a compliment I can give him for those that know how high I regard Shea. These 2 are very similar in style. Had a heck of a game tonight in a 3-2 win over London.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Had him at 12, only behind Hanifin and Werenski, far ahead of Provorov who I still think is overrated. Dunn's had some injuries this year or else he'd be scoring more

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Love hearing these reports. We're going to need some high end offense on the left side. Sounds like Dunn and Walmann will take care of that.

Blues were quick to sign Dunn after his camp, very impressed with him

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Good to hear. I'm not even a Blues fan but I really want this kid to do well. Such an exciting player to watch.

Had him at 12, only behind Hanifin and Werenski, far ahead of Provorov who I still think is overrated. Dunn's had some injuries this year or else he'd be scoring more

I had him at #20 and I thought I was crazy, haha.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interesting to look back at all the D men selected ahead of Dunn last summer in the 2nd rd. It's actually shocking. At this stage, I would have him ahead of a lot of most of these players.

Roy
Dermott
Carlo
Cernak
Meloche
Spencer
Guhle
Lauzon
Andersson

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
His skating is something to behold. Just effortless

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Interesting to look back at all the D men selected ahead of Dunn last summer in the 2nd rd. It's actually shocking. At this stage, I would have him ahead of a lot of most of these players.

Roy
Dermott
Carlo
Cernak
Meloche
Spencer
Guhle
Lauzon
Andersson

The 2015 draft sure was a weird one with some very good players dropping for no good reason, Dunn just being one of them. Looking at that list, I guess you can make a case for Roy, Dermott and Carlo possibly but the rest? I'm not so sure. Especially Cernak and Spencer. I mean, you could've made a legit argument that Dunn should've been the 6th d-man off the board after Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, Zboril and Chabot. Oh well, still a long way to go. Will be interesting to see how he transitions into the pro game next year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The 2015 draft sure was a weird one with some very good players dropping for no good reason, Dunn just being one of them. Looking at that list, I guess you can make a case for Roy, Dermott and Carlo possibly but the rest? I'm not so sure. Especially Cernak and Spencer. I mean, you could've made a legit argument that Dunn should've been the 6th d-man off the board after Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, Zboril and Chabot. Oh well, still a long way to go. Will be interesting to see how he transitions into the pro game next year.

I need to see more of Dunn this season, and now that he is on my radar as a player I really enjoyed watching, I will try for more viewings.

I would not have a problem if a team picked him ahead of any of those guys that were picked before him in the 2nd rd. He looked like a 1st rd pick to me last night. Best player on the ice in a game with a lot of good players playing. He was up against 10-93-7 last night a lot, and they did not do much 5 v 5 against Niagara with Dunn on the ice. I was impressed.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I need to see more of Dunn this season, now that he is on my radar for more viewings. But I would not have a problem if a team picked him ahead of any of those guys that were picked before him in the 2nd rd. He looked like a 1st rd pick to me last night. Best player on the ice in a game with future star power.

Yeah, that's what I saw from him in 15+ games last year. Was amazed by him almost every game. He had 4 goals in a playoff game against Ottawa last spring, that was pretty crazy to watch. Kid got skill ;)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Kid had one of the strangest outbursts over a review I've ever seen. Can't remember anything like it, got him a 2 minute for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad