LD Sam Dickinson - London Knights, OHL (2024, 11th, SJ)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Dcikinson is about as surefire as one can be to play on your teeams top 4 for 10-15years after you draft him. On his best days he is probably super solid #2 potential as well.

Bob mentioned this in his latest article and I tend to agree. This is partially why I have Sam as my #2 on draft. Would not hate to pick him as #2 if my job was on the line.

I just don't really get why he's not ranked even more highly tbh. If you offer me a surefire Top-4D (as much as is possible in the draft) with that toolset and the upside of being a legit top-pairing or Top-3D who can carry an NHL pairing...i'm racing the the head of the line to draft that guy.

I guess we'll see tonight if that's a thing or not.

Reactions: wetcoast

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Lots of sharks fans wanted Buium, who may still turn out to be the best D in the class, but Dickinson is so projectable as a big, mobile 2 way top 4 D with a little bit of PP potential, that it's a great pick.

Interestingly, from my seat at the draft it sure looked like they didn't have his nameplate on the sweater, just said "SHARKS." wonder if they didn't expect him to fall to them. Great job by Grier to trade up and give us a shot at one of the top 6, and one who many thought was 2-4 in the class.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Lots of sharks fans wanted Buium, who may still turn out to be the best D in the class, but Dickinson is so projectable as a big, mobile 2 way top 4 D with a little bit of PP potential, that it's a great pick.

Interestingly, from my seat at the draft it sure looked like they didn't have his nameplate on the sweater, just said "SHARKS." wonder if they didn't expect him to fall to them. Great job by Grier to trade up and give us a shot at one of the top 6, and one who many thought was 2-4 in the class.

No nameplate, which was a common occurrence. This draft was just too unpredictable.

Reactions: Mattb124

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Really? I thought I saw basically every other pick with a nameplate. Anyway, great get for the sharks.

You seem to be right, checked the first 9 as far as I could see, they all had nameplates. Maybe I was thrown of by the fact that all the jerseys had 24 while Mack had 71? Sorry for the fake news. Will check the rest and edit…

Edit: even the Wild had a Buium jersey. Brain fart by my, in my Defence I was busy updating my lists and posting here while watching.

Last edited:

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
You seem to be right, checked the first 9 as far as I could see, they all had nameplates. Maybe I was thrown of by the fact that all the jerseys had 24 while Mack had 71? Sorry for the fake news. Will check the rest and edit…

Edit: even the Wild had a Buium jersey. Brain fart by my, in my Defence I was busy updating my lists and posting here while watching.
I don’t remember if the sharks usually do nameplates, I feel like Will Smith had one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad