LD Paul Fischer - Univ. of Notre Dame, NCAA (2023, 138th, STL; traded to EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of the better defenseman among the 2005 NTDP group. Defensive defenseman. He's not that big at only about 6'0, but he's tough for his size. He'll probably be able to play at like 205-210 in the NHL. He's already listed at 189 pounds from last September. He skates pretty well and also is good with the traditional defensive defenseman parts of the game. I don't love his ability with the puck. He can throw away the puck too much. Doesn't possess much offense. I'd peg an initial draft range as third round, but that could be a lower or higher, depending on how he plays next season. Committed to play for Notre Dame after one more season at the NTDP.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Now listed at 6’1. For a defensive defenseman, gaining that extra inch of height doesn’t hurt. If he can gain another few, it’ll help even more.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I like this pickup especially since it was clearly the Oil strong-arming St. Louis into coughing up a little more in the way of assets. Don't expect much from him- as with any later round prospect- but always nice to have more lottery tickets in your pocket.

Reactions: thrillhous

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Big fan of Fischer, I think he has a very legit shot at making the NHL. Don’t let the “5th round” label fool you, he has legit physical tools. Big question with him is if he can process the game fast enough as the speed increases in pro hockey. Personally, I think he will take some time to develop but will be able to carve out a solid NHL career. He seems like a high character kid and is developing in a great program/situation at Notre Dame. Sad to see him leave the Blues org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad