LD Nikita Okhotyuk (2019, 61st, NJD; traded to SJS; traded to CGY)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have him a tier ahead ahead of Bahl at this point. He is a dynamic skater for a defensmen which is entirely surprising given the type of defensmen he is. He has a pretty good first pass as well along with the composure to wait for the lane to open. The times he has rushed the puck he has escaped pressure with ease. His offensive instincts aren't necessarily there. (If they were we would be having a totally different conversation about this kid). I'm not going to touch of strength, closing speed and hitting ability because they are simple excellent. I have yet to see him really shoot, an OHL watcher may have to chime in.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
He's been looking really good in Binghamton. Could very much see him getting called up to the big club after the trade deadline.

Sounds promising. But wouldn't hurt to let the young guns keep "marinating" the way guys like McLeod, Sharangovich, etc did last year.

If the Devils add defensemen would rather it be guys like Tennyson, Jacobs and White - though the culture with the Devils NHL club seems far better than it was a year ago.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Looking at Nikita ending up in Arizona if the Devils do not promote him. Tourigny loved him in Junior and knows what he can do.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought he was the Devils best defenseman last night, even without the first goal. He's going to be an excellent defenseman for them going forward, love the way he plays.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I thought he was the Devils best defenseman last night, even without the first goal. He's going to be an excellent defenseman for them going forward, love the way he plays.
Ruff was quoted saying the same thing. He was the Devils best Dman in that game. I think his play plus having Bahl , Shakir , Hughes makes Ty Smith’s days numbered with the Devils.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have him a tier ahead ahead of Bahl at this point. He is a dynamic skater for a defensmen which is entirely surprising given the type of defensmen he is. He has a pretty good first pass as well along with the composure to wait for the lane to open. The times he has rushed the puck he has escaped pressure with ease. His offensive instincts aren't necessarily there. (If they were we would be having a totally different conversation about this kid). I'm not going to touch of strength, closing speed and hitting ability because they are simple excellent. I have yet to see him really shoot, an OHL watcher may have to chime in.
You win some and you lose some. I stand by every word of this following his debut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad