LD Lane Hutson - Montreal Canadiens, NHL (2022, 62nd, MTL) - Part 2

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
NHLers are more intimidated of this pip squeak than 95 percent of the big players in the league because they know Hutson will make them look silly.

Like they are visually scared to attack him 1 on 1. It's quite the thing to see.
Yeah It's pretty impressive, its also why he has the puck so much , they don't even challenge him , so he keeps it , I don't even know if playing super aggressive on him would work , if he leaves you in the dust its 4 on 5 and he's at the hashmarks

1. where was that said?

2. People are gullible to believe you without a source

3. complaining about Devils fans when you bring up their players in a thread dedicated to Hutson. #livingrentfree
I like you guys you bring conversation to the boards , doesn't have to be an echo chamber and you guys follow the league and other players , don't see the issue. Not troll posters

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
Yeah It's pretty impressive, its also why he has the puck so much , they don't even challenge him , so he keeps it , I don't even know if playing super aggressive on him would work , if he leaves you in the dust its 4 on 5 and he's at the hashmarks
It's all those shoulder fakes + dekes they hesitate because he's going to juke them.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

I like you guys you bring conversation to the boards , doesn't have to be an echo chamber and you guys follow the league and other players , don't see the issue. Not troll posters
A good though rare thought on the prospect boards. These threads are open to everyone so they should be for everyone. If any teams fans want only their fanbase making post in a player thread in the prospect forum or only "positive" posts then then their team has their own thread on their own forum for it to be like that.:thumbu:

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Hutson is a special player.

Personally, I've never seen a player like him. He's gonna be a trend maker for sure.

Buium look like him a bit, he too will be a special player.

The quickness with whom he takes the information, analyzes it and reacts is something I've never seen before, to be honest.

This guy's brain will be studied when he dies.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
He's like a point guard with the puck on his stick. He dekes and fakes until the player in front of him is caught flat footed, opening up a lane to pass, shoot, or carry the puck. There is no comparable because the way he plays is so unique.

It was fun to see in the NCAA but most people thought "Well, it's cool, but NHL players won't bite on these kind of tricks". 5 games into his NHL career, it's becoming obvious that his game will translate and it's a problem. Will he get figured out? Teams and players will probably adapt and find ways to contain him, but he is only 20 years old. Chances are his bag of trick will only get bigger as he gets more experience.

Nobody knows how his career will go, but I do think it will be one of the most entertaining careers to follow.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
He's like a point guard with the puck on his stick. He dekes and fakes until the player in front of him is caught flat footed, opening up a lane to pass, shoot, or carry the puck. There is no comparable because the way he plays is so unique.

It was fun to see in the NCAA but most people thought "Well, it's cool, but NHL players won't bite on these kind of tricks". 5 games into his NHL career, it's becoming obvious that his game will translate and it's a problem. Will he get figured out? Teams and players will probably adapt and find ways to contain him, but he is only 20 years old. Chances are his bag of trick will only get bigger as he gets more experience.

Nobody knows how his career will go, but I do think it will be one of the most entertaining careers to follow.
This is what Lane Hutson said last night: "My game is going to evolve & it's going to keep changing to whatever I need it to be. It's definitely nice that something are working but I am also learning what doesn't work as well"

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Uh, the technical term would be a crowverdose

b893ff100f1552cb3360a452d8a5aa5634414e7f.gif

Harrumpf! Where did you get your JD in Bird Law?

Hutson had looked awesome, cool it on the f***ing Makar comparisons.

I honestly think he can be 1 step below Makar. 1 small step below. Which means he could become a top 5 NHL D-man.

complaining about Devils fans when you bring up their players in a thread dedicated to Hutson.

Blah, blah, blah. We all knew you were lurking.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I was hoping the Habs draft Lane Hutson at 33rd and was disappointed they went for Owen Beck. Our next pick was at 62nd and I said there was no way he would be there and even if he was there, there was no guarantee the Habs would draft him. To my pleasant surprise he was still available at 62nd and the Habs did draft him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad