LD Donato Bracco - USNTDP, USHL (2025 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's a puck-moving/offensive-defenseman on an NTDP blue line that has very little of it. I think he has the best puck game of the group, so you never know if he eventually gets moved up to the top PP, and starts getting a lot of points because of it. He's right now on PP2 or sometimes off it, but that could change. He has moderate puck-moving potential. His skating is good with his edges, but top speed needs some work. Only 5'10. Defense isn't bad for 5'10, but he's 5'10, so there will be questions. He's not some defensive stalwart. I think he has a chance to get drafted, but I could also see him not getting drafted. Committed to Harvard for 2025-26.

You guessed right. He's the younger brother of Jeremy. 10 years apart in age playing at the NTDP. Pretty cool.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I think he had quietly pretty good first year with the program. Nothing special but I think he was much better than people expected considering that many people said that his there only because of his brother

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The issue with him will be whether his offensive profile is good enough for a small defenseman that has good not great skating. He has a season to prove a draft range.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
5'10 160 to 5'11 162 in the preseason measurements. Baby steps, but can't hurt. Might need to get to the magic 6'0 number to be drafted come June. Otherwise, could find himself being a Galvas where NHL teams aren't convinced he brings good enough puck moving and offense for 5'11 in their league.

Reactions: wetcoast

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
His brother was the most talented player I had ever seen or played against; like young Crosby with the 10 & 2 stride and hands. Don’t know what happened once he left for NTDP, but prior to that he was the best of a very strong 97 year in the USA….. wish his brother the best and hope he turns out well

jtechkid

May 24, 2024
i thought best dmen on ntdp team last year as he trended up all year / his strength is has unbelievable hands and unbelievable IQ - you could argue poor man adam fox right now - heading to harvard like fox but he’s dmen to watch next year as probably running their power play

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
His brother was the most talented player I had ever seen or played against; like young Crosby with the 10 & 2 stride and hands. Don’t know what happened once he left for NTDP, but prior to that he was the best of a very strong 97 year in the USA….. wish his brother the best and hope he turns out well
1725250977759.gif

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021

I played against a guy last winter on the ODR who looked like Crosby out there. He totally turned this 13 year old inside out. Can't believe he didn't make it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mathieukferland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad