LD David Farrance - Boston Univ., NCAA (2017, 92nd, NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Well, you have been proven correct. It's likely over more than a few hundred grand. Signing with Preds, his next, non-capped, non-ELC contract starts 1 year earlier. The caveat is, with Preds having both Ellis and Fabbro on the right side, will he get the opportunity to prove himself? Looks like he feels good enough about his chances of earning a decent spot in the lineup, otherwise he'd go elsewhere as a UFA.

No way to prove it, but you have to wonder if Poile tipped him off about the possibility of one of those two RHD slots opening up in the next 12 months, especially if Farrance can play up to his potential.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
No way to prove it, but you have to wonder if Poile tipped him off about the possibility of one of those two RHD slots opening up in the next 12 months, especially if Farrance can play up to his potential.
Well I don't watch Farrance play, but he is listed LD to me. Not that that makes anything better for him, since Josi is here Forever, and I'd sign Ekholm for another 5 years too. :dunno:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Well I don't watch Farrance play, but he is listed LD to me. Not that that makes anything better for him, since Josi is here Forever, and I'd sign Ekholm for another 5 years too. :dunno:

That's my fault. I misled the community here...

I also think signing Ekholm would be the right thing for the preds, but you just know it would have to be 6M neighborhood. So just like that it becomes a budget thing too. In the end I think Preds could be a better team if Farrance shows he can step in into top-4 role, and there is money to strengthen the roster in a different way.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Thing is, Farrance may not develop into a top-four defenseman due to his defensive game. I believe that early on he will be sheltered in the third pair and he will get a chance to prove his worth on the PP.

When your as good as he is offensively you will always have a top 4 spot.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

Ghost hasn’t put up any solid numbers in 4 years. He’s not a top 4 guy based on offense. His d is also a disgrace
Farrance college numbers are far superior to ghost
One is getting worse each year
One is getting better and dominant
There is zero comparison here

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Ghost hasn’t put up any solid numbers in 4 years. He’s not a top 4 guy based on offense. His d is also a disgrace
Farrance college numbers are far superior to ghost
One is getting worse each year
One is getting better and dominant
There is zero comparison here

You're going to be very disappointed if you think Farrance steps in as a top 4 D on Nashville, especially in John Hynes' putrid system. He's going to get shredded defensively and he should be headed for the AHL if Nashville wants to make any type of player out of him.

You think Ghost's defense is a disgrace but if you're going to compare each player's defense at the NCAA level, Ghost was an all-situations #1D and was a man possessed in the finals to lead Union to a National title in 2014. Quite frankly it blows Farrance out of the water then and if Farrance doesn't spend time in the AHL on his D and getting stronger, he'll struggle mightily in the NHL and won't hold any sort of candle to Ghost. Ghost was a high end offensive D in college too, obviously detailed in his early NHL career success producing points.

Reactions: The Colonel

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Didn't have a particularly good season in Milwaukee. You'd think someone would take a flyer on him after the hype, but idk.

Very perplexing development considering he was only an AHL rookie after a great college run. You’d think they’d give him one more year on the cheap to see if he bounces back. Hate to speculate, but the fact that all he could get was an AHL deal on a loaded team makes me think there may have been other factors beyond on-ice play.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He wasn't even playable in Milwaukee last year. His defense/positioning in his own end seemed to be the biggest concern. Factor in that he is already 23...it seems Poile just didn't think he was worth the time/investment of Milwaukee minutes when we had some other guys coming in with DelGaizo and Spencer Stastny. Life comes at you fast.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Very surprised to see how his career has gone. He at one point looked like a very high end prospect.

I can't say I've watched him much since his draft year so I'm not sure what has happened here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad