LD David Farrance - Boston Univ., NCAA (2017, 92nd, NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Only watched him a couple of times so the sample size is small. He plays a cerebral game and is very adept at making quick reads and identifying passing lanes that are not very obvious. He knows when to chip in and does it without hesitating.

In the defensive zone, he was played like he was going to have 30 minutes of ice time, seemingly trying to conserve energy. He looked a little bit too nonchalent for my liking considering that he played around 20 minutes. Perhaps some pro seasoning/coaching will help inthis regard.

In one of he games where BU was trailing, he stepped up his game in the third and was a difference maker. He had another gear in him which bodes well for the next level.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I didn't realize Farrance went back for his senior season, I kind of just assumed he signed with the Predators. Is there any worry he's headed for free agency? Was the best Dman in NCAA last year

Reactions: FlyguyOX

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
I didn't realize Farrance went back for his senior season, I kind of just assumed he signed with the Predators. Is there any worry he's headed for free agency? Was the best Dman in NCAA last year
I guess you didn't get the chance to watch Ian Mitchell, Scott Perunovich, K'Andre Miller and others.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Will he be the big NCAA name next off season as a potential UFA if he doesnt sign with the Preds?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Will he be the big NCAA name next off season as a potential UFA if he doesnt sign with the Preds?

I don't see any other likely candidates that fit that criteria, so I would think he is the most likely that fits that description.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
lol yeah that 14 points in 6 games what a scrub

The points aren't everything with this player. He's a solid offensive defenseman and strong Hobey Baker candidate but he plays almost like a rover and he's often caught up ice a lot. He's pretty much an adventure in his own zone and he doesn't have elite offensive talent, so he may not amount to much more than a 3rd pairing PP2 guy. That's only if he really shores up his play in his own end and changes his game up for Pro hockey cause he will be exposed dearly if he doesn't.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
The points aren't everything with this player. He's a solid offensive defenseman and strong Hobey Baker candidate but he plays almost like a rover and he's often caught up ice a lot. He's pretty much an adventure in his own zone and he doesn't have elite offensive talent, so he may not amount to much more than a 3rd pairing PP2 guy. That's only if he really shores up his play in his own end and changes his game up for Pro hockey cause he will be exposed dearly if he doesn't.

Here’s the thing - if you’re always on offense then you don’t have to play defense very often

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Were talking about his commitment and BU's off ice training being pretty intense with the lack of games.

Put on some serious strength that he is switching between sticks, and is kind of lost in what he should choose as he had such a light flex, then went to heavy. Back and forth and back and forth.

Reactions: slumpy43

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Why give up hundreds of thousands of dollars to do that, though? He can come play for the Preds in just a couple weeks.

Well, you have been proven correct. It's likely over more than a few hundred grand. Signing with Preds, his next, non-capped, non-ELC contract starts 1 year earlier. The caveat is, with Preds having both Ellis and Fabbro on the right side, will he get the opportunity to prove himself? Looks like he feels good enough about his chances of earning a decent spot in the lineup, otherwise he'd go elsewhere as a UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad