LD Daniil Karpovich - Avto Yekaterinburg, MHL (2023, 186th, NJD)

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Big body defenseman from Belarus who I have heard could be a prospect to watch this upcoming season, heading to play in the MHL. Anyone have any further insight?

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

I want to watch this kid play so bad - is one of the few 2023 draft prospects I highlighted at the beginning of the season I have yet to see play so far this year.

I know he is a hard hitting, physically intimidating presence on the blue line - but that’s about all I’ve been able to gather from other sources. Hope to change that soon.

Didn’t even get a ‘C’ rating from NHL central scouting. Surprising is an understatement.

Reactions: Lavar Ball

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Here's highlights of today's game vs Kazakhstan at the U20 tournament. I hope it's not geoblocked.
Karpovich screwed it up in 1st and 4th Kazakh goals and scored Belarus' 2nd one.

You’re amazing for this - thank you!!

I also reached out to someone more familiar with his game than myself and here is what he had to say about Karpovich:

“he’probably a late round guy, very physical, rangy, and shows flashes, albeit very inconsistent, of puck moving ability.. goes from hyper-aggressive and overcommitting to physicality to basically invisible in the blink of an eye - Tools are interesting, not a good thinker, likely a project pick“

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Anybody have any info on this guy? Intriguing later rd prospect with size and produced pretty well for a D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad