LD Aron Kiviharju - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2024, 122nd, MIN) Part2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Scouts will look really dumb for passing on him. In a year or two when he's added more muscle and become stronger he will look great. The talent is there just needs some time.
Doubt it, he might become a third pairing pick moving defender. But anything more than that and you’re expecting too much from him in my opinion. He just has too much going against him.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Doubt it, he might become a third pairing pick moving defender. But anything more than that and you’re expecting too much from him in my opinion. He just has too much going against him.
His size and LHD position are what they are, but if he can significantly improve his skating I can't see why he wouldn't still have at least second pair & PP upside. It's safe to say already now that hardly any of the several dozen guys ahead of him will ever make it in the NHL in any role.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
His size and LHD position are what they are, but if he can significantly improve his skating I can't see why he wouldn't still have at least second pair & PP upside. It's safe to say already now that hardly any of the several dozen guys ahead of him will ever make it in the NHL in any role.
I think he can improve his skating more in Finland due to having more time to do it. Above all, kid needs a healthy season for his development to continue.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he can improve his skating more in Finland due to having more time to do it. Above all, kid needs a healthy season for his development to continue.
He will be a long play for MN, who have Brodin, Middleton, Buium, Chisholm, Hunt, ROR, Peart, Lambos as LHD NHL'ers or high value AHL'ers. I don't see MN bringing him over for 2-3 years, unless they decide to move some of those prospects, and even then, it would be for the AHL.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Every time I watched him I thought......" what's all the hyped up buzz about this kid? I don't get it"

He never looked more then o.k to me.
Yeah well return to 2022 when he was looking like a potential challenger for 1st OA.

After that of course people gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his injuries. But he never took big enough steps after that. And his growth also ended up under expectations.

This was all clear to most after the end of last season and the early draft year play confirmed it. At that point, what were you expecting?

Reactions: Keke

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yeah well return to 2022 when he was looking like a potential challenger for 1st OA.

After that of course people gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his injuries. But he never took big enough steps after that. And his growth also ended up under expectations.

This was all clear to most after the end of last season and the early draft year play confirmed it. At that point, what were you expecting?
I watched him play a couple of times in 2022 and no.....I didn't see it, maybe they were just bad days at the office but he didn't pop out as anything special to me, sorry

I will admit that 2-3 games of him is not much, but you think he still would have stood out for a guy everyone was talking about so highly. He looked almost like just another guy pretty much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oak

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Good he got drafted late. Takes off the pressure imho. Now he needs to stay healthy, get faster and improve himself and then we' ll be able to see what he's all about.

I was not impressed by him whatsoever in the tournament but I won't make up my mind because of his injuries before the tournament. Not that simple minded so there is no reason to be simple or black or white regarding this prospect either.

GermanSpitfire, while Väisänen is a good skater and Kiviharju pretty lame, I'm not that convinced he's any better at the end of the day. Wasn't impressed by him in offense either. Just didn't have the smartness, cool mentality etc to solve problems and challenges in a impressive way. Him getting drafted one round before Kiviharju doesn't mean anything to me in all honesty. Both could fail pretty badly or make it to the NHL at this point.

Regarding Kiviharju and added strength and so on, I'm not that sure he can become that much stronger in the future either. Has already put some some weight I see. The main focus should be speed and agility and nothing else. He will never overpower anyone and right now his skating is too bad. But if he would make it and "Live" on his IQ- strengths etc, then the agility, speed and stamina should be the way to go and will benefit him a lot more.

For me he's a worse Heinola. And I still have bigger hopes for him than Kiviharju. Hope the lousy Jets can trade him already.

Last edited:
Reactions: illone84

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah maybe. I imagine there's something setup for school situation with CHL at least, but not everyone knows English so it's probably an issue. Maybe Finnish hockey association could do something to encourage using Mestis as a middle step. Any case, something should be done
Parekh was taking college courses while playing junior.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Most likely a career ahler but if I could see him panning out like Brannstrom best case at this point, the more I watch the less optimistic I am that he can become something impactful

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
"Career AHLer" LOL.

He will likely have a breakout season, unless, those injuries really hurt him

• Haha
Reactions: Oak

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00