LD Anton Silayev - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024, 10th, NJ)

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Something doesn’t smell right about this. Nikishin 2.0? $100 he’s playing for SKA next year. Or, is he just a flash in the pan?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Silayev ranks 3rd in points and 2nd in PPG alltime for 17 year olds that have played in the KHL.

The players ahead of him on the points ranking are Kaprizov and Tarasenko who played 10-16 more games.

The only one ahead of him in the PPG ranking is Michkov.

Hot streak or not, he's making KHL history.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
His production combined with his rare physical attributes make for a very interesting prospect.

In most cases I'd be wary of his production. Except he's playing against men in arguably the 2nd best Hockey league in the world.

I see he's listed as 200 pounds as well, that's quite lanky for a 6'7 player. Just to use a few examples. Zdeno Chara is 6'9 and weighed 250. Hedman is 6'6 and 240 lbs. Even Myers who's on the lanky side for tall guys, is 6'8 and 229 lbs. It's very likely Silayev will still add quite a few pounds, making him even more formidable physically.

Good to see him getting some recognition

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Underlying stats from an early season sample size seem to indicate that he's:
1. A bit overrated on points generated vs xGF, etc
2. Aggressive on controlled zone exits and entries, but only decent at actually executing on them without giveaways
3. Very solid at pinching, defensive zone play
4. Just okay at neutral zone play

Versus a group of peers like Simashev and Mukhamadullin.

However given he's so young, good chance all these stats improve as the year goes on.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Seriously cooled off with 1A in last 5 and 2A in last 10. Has anyone been watching? He's playing minutes but not anywhere near top minutes. Torpedo seems to be playing well.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Seriously cooled off with 1A in last 5 and 2A in last 10. Has anyone been watching? He's playing minutes but not anywhere near top minutes. Torpedo seems to be playing well.

He’s fine. Never a dull moment. He still creates and gets his looks, is on PP1 and late/close. Broke up a bunch of plays against Spartak. Plenty of gambling and overconfidence but still entertaining.

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
Looks like he was playing LD, there. When I watched his MHL playoffs I swear he was almost always plying RD. Is he LD full time now? Or just in this clip?
I think it is just a situational thing in this clip, on the game lineup he was listed at the right side as usual.

Reactions: slumpy43 and rt

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think Silayev and Lindstrom are going to be #2 and #3 if they both keep showing progress and jump over the early favorites like Eiserman and Levshunov. Teams are going to be too intrigued with the size and skating abilities and their recent accelerated development.

I wouldn't be surprised either.. the only thing might be that Levshunov is a right shot and already over in NA.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised either.. the only thing might be that Levshunov is a right shot and already over in NA.
I haven't seen Levshunov play much, but he is putting up impressive numbers and his highlights look good. He's been a top prospect for several years now, so maybe he might plateau faster as an older prospect. Interestingly, there is a pretty big discrepancy regarding his defensive play and that could really stunt his upside. If that is true, I could see him entering the NHL early and find success, but sort of fade to a mid-pairing role. If he can improve on D, he sounds like another Sergachev.

Silayev though... sounds like he's just getting started... teams would salivate for a Russian Pronger type. At worse, maybe he becomes another Tyler Myers, who in his prime was a decent #3 D. But the upside is what I think teams will swing for.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think Silayev and Lindstrom are going to be #2 and #3 if they both keep showing progress and jump over the early favorites like Eiserman and Levshunov. Teams are going to be too intrigued with the size and skating abilities and their recent accelerated development.

Eiserman is very impressive with USDP. He is considered to be on the same level as Celebrini so I will be very surprised.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Eiserman is very impressive with USDP. He is considered to be on the same level as Celebrini so I will be very surprised.
10 years ago scoring forwards went really high. now teams want guys that are + skaters and Maybe more then one tool when you are looking in top 5. 2 way centers, top pair D never get traded. scoring wingers move a little more, CAT skinner Im sure there are others. I think he goes in the 4-7 range,

Reactions: cheesymc

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
10 years ago scoring forwards went really high. now teams want guys that are + skaters and Maybe more then one tool when you are looking in top 5. 2 way centers, top pair D never get traded. scoring wingers move a little more, CAT skinner Im sure there are others. I think he goes in the 4-7 range,
All that, PLUS, I haven't seen anyone putting Eiserman in the same tier as Celebrini. Seems like the current consensus is that Celebrini is a solid 1OA, not weak and not generational, and that after that there's a big soup of everyone else, which is why rankings have been so noisy, including Eiserman, who is sticking at 2 for some people but is now as low as 8-10 on other lists.

To keep it on topic, Silayev is as high as 2-3, and as low as 15 or lower on many lists... and his torrid pace to start the year has really slowed. However, it might be because he's playing more responsibly. He's seemingly getting minutes and being trusted at an incredibly young age, and he is a + skater, so... we'll see.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

Eiserman is a player with very complete qualities. He just specialized in scoring but he's not just a sniper.

I don't see examples in recent drafts of a scorer like Eiserman. He has excellent skating, protects his puck very well, and gets involved in physical play.

The position is precisely what makes Eiserman 2 and Celebrini 1 even though they have the same level. But the others are much weaker. Very probably, the team that selects No. 2 (Chicago, Columbus, Anaheim, San Jose, Seattle, Ottawa...) will likely be a team that has a young No. 1 center to complement Eiserman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad