LD Adam Engstrom - Rogle, SHL (2022, 92nd, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just bumping to say that I am really stoked about this kid. We don't talk about him enough, I think he could be a huge steal. I can't wait to see what he does in Rögle next season, he might have a huge year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Looks like he will be a good one. Makes you wonder when Montreal is trading him
3ho6l0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Looks like he will be a good one. Makes you wonder when Montreal is trading him
I was watching interview with Adam Nicholas, Habs development coach and it looks like they really understand how good he is. However LD is really stocked with Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris, Hutson and Engstrom, so they can definitely trade one piece. I would bet on Harris.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
I was at the game on Sunday and beside Hutson and Mailloux who were clearly in an other league, Engstrom really impressed me. Composed, confident, good first stride, I really likde his showing. I unfortunatly can't say the same for Reinbacher, who I thought was a non-factor. It was only one game though, but I was expecting something more out of a 5th OV pick.

Reactions: golgoXIII and Eegs

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I was at the game on Sunday and beside Hutson and Mailloux who were clearly in an other league, Engstrom really impressed me. Composed, confident, good first stride, I really likde his showing. I unfortunatly can't say the same for Reinbacher, who I thought was a non-factor. It was only one game though, but I was expecting something more out of a 5th OV pick.
Really? I think both Engstrom and Reinbacher were extremely efficient. It seems to me like a lot of reactions toward Reinbacher are the result of high expectations because of his draft position. IMO, if he were a 15OV pick, everyone would rave at how calm he is and how he's a good 2way defender. Now, at 5OV, people expect a game breaking talent, but he's not that.

I thought they were a better, more stable pairing than Hutson/Mailloux in the 2nd game. Mailloux wasn't going 100%, I feel like Reinbacher either, but he had an assist and created many chances from transition plays. I wish he would've shot more often. In some occasion he had good openings to do so. He didn't strike me as someone who has confidence throught the roof like Hutson, but that might have a lot to do with the situation he was in last year, with an terrible team.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I assume he will be in the AHL this up coming season hey?

I believe the plan coming into camp is for him to start in Laval.

That is the most likely scenario. I personally don't see the Habs defense as set in stone. It's a pretty young group, so anything could happen out of camp. He's a long shot to make it out of camp, but he's not far off.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I assume he will be in the AHL this up coming season hey?
Engstrom is a dark horse to make it. Many believe he is closer than we collectively think and some moments during the rookie games showed that. Given his long playoff last season, we didn't get to see him play NA games, so we are going on little Intel (although Montreal has really good vids of his games).

He will most likely start in the AHL, but I think he could easily be first injury call up right away or in the not too distant future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad