Speculation: Lazerus: Kaprizov to Chicago in 2026

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I'm sure Bedard has a kind of magnetizing force for NHL elite offensive players, but Chicago is as far as it can be from being an NHL contender...

And this quote is from 2 years ago.. even more strange...

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
True. But could this be like when Panarin went, as a UFA, to the Rangers? The team made huge strides with his arrival.
Yea thats true. There's only so many teams that have the cap space and could be potential winners.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this is not true. If it is, and Laz is being the mouthpiece of the hawks, then they should get smacked with a tampering charge.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this is not true. If it is, and Laz is being the mouthpiece of the hawks, then they should get smacked with a tampering charge.
My bet is he heard Kaprizov wants to win and isn't sure if Minnesota is the place, and based on his homer belief that Chicago will be a contender in a few years, (Maybe. Maybe not) extrapolated that Chicago is a strong possibility.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My bet is he heard Kaprizov wants to win and isn't sure if Minnesota is the place, and based on his homer belief that Chicago will be a contender in a few years, (Maybe. Maybe not) extrapolated that Chicago is a strong possibility.

My bet is that at some point Kaprizov probably said something about how he likes the city of Chicago, and that's ultimately been twisted into "Kaprizov would be interested in playing in Chicago", and in this specific instance there's also a ton of "the Hawks would love to add Kaprizov when he hits free agency".

It's a nothing story but I have no idea why Lazerus is writing it, it's highly inappropriate at this point considering Kaprizov has two years left on his contract with Minnesota. Don't think it's tampering by Chicago but it's definitely irresponsible journalism.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Blackhawks should not be commenting on signing a player who is under contract with another team for 2 more years.
Mark Lazerus is just some idiot reporter. People speculating on who might sign whom and where such player may want to sign is not tampering. It's just speculating.

Tampering is "hey, Kaprizov, don't sign an extension with Minnesota for $11.5 million, we'll offer you $13 million in July"

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I did circa 2004-early 2006. Wouldn't move back in a million years.
I don't want to live in Chicago either but I still appreciate it. It's a world class city with all the amenities you'd expect. I visit often and enjoy the dining and entertainment it offers. Granted, there are areas I avoid but most major cities have high-crime areas. Besides, we all know where the Chicago criticism stems from. I couldn't care less what the MAGA folks think about Chicago.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Mark Lazerus is just some idiot reporter. People speculating on who might sign whom and where such player may want to sign is not tampering. It's just speculating.

Tampering is "hey, Kaprizov, don't sign an extension with Minnesota for $11.5 million, we'll offer you $13 million in July"
Re-read my first post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad