Speculation: Lazerus: Kaprizov to Chicago in 2026

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He wants to win and wants to go to Chicago? those things aren't compatible
Chicago has a very deep d-core they are building for the future: Vlasic, kk, lev, rinzel and Allen. The ability to play with Bedard and the other promising forward prospects on the come up in nazar, Moore, Boisvert, vanacker, Lardis, greene, kantserov and a plethora of others in dach,slaggert, spellacy etc... they aren't to great right now but they have Jones slight overpay still serviceable minute munching d man, Murphy, TT, bertuzzi, hall, Dickinson and foligno as vet players along with reichel and kurashev they have decent pieces every where along with 2 1sts this coming season heading in a good direction they should be collecting a couple more high end pieces in the next two years as they begin to compete. They have an extremely good outlook and long window which will begin in the next 2-3 years if he comes along after his deal expires it gives Bedard his elite wingman with vet experience who should age well not to mention the ability to attract other highly desired players who want to win.

Reactions: Voight

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Chicago has a very deep d-core they are building for the future: Vlasic, kk, lev, rinzel and Allen. The ability to play with Bedard and the other promising forward prospects on the come up in nazar, Moore, Boisvert, vanacker, Lardis, greene, kantserov and a plethora of others in dach,slaggert, spellacy etc... they aren't to great right now but they have Jones slight overpay still serviceable minute munching d man, Murphy, TT, bertuzzi, hall, Dickinson and foligno as vet players along with reichel and kurashev they have decent pieces every where along with 2 1sts this coming season heading in a good direction they should be collecting a couple more high end pieces in the next two years as they begin to compete. They have an extremely good outlook and long window which will begin in the next 2-3 years if he comes along after his deal expires it gives Bedard his elite wingman with vet experience who should age well not to mention the ability to attract other highly desired players who want to win.
Nothing after Bedard is any sort difference maker.

I like Chicago's potential top 4 going forward, but Minnesota already has Faber and has Buium in the wings.

Reichel, Kurashev, Nazar, Moore, Boisvert, et al vs. Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov, Ohgren, Heidt, et al favors Minnesota.

Goaltending is no contest.

I'm more worried about him holding out for the Rangers than the Blackhawks.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So he’s back peddling on his “rumor” by inferring tampering is happening with a player 2 years from his contract expiring?

Where did he infer tampering? He never said Chicago is talking to him, merely that they have him circled as a ufa target and Kap has apparently let slip others to in and around the Wild that he likes Chicago.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Nothing after Bedard is any sort difference maker.

I like Chicago's potential top 4 going forward, but Minnesota already has Faber and has Buium in the wings.

Reichel, Kurashev, Nazar, Moore, Boisvert, et al vs. Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov, Ohgren, Heidt, et al favors Minnesota.

Goaltending is no contest.

I'm more worried about him holding out for the Rangers than the Blackhawks.
That is very true but if Chicago got another high-end piece with their first this year and hit with Tampa's that could be a major difference come ufa time if say Chicago lands one of martone/McQueen/ryabkin/frondell and one of misa/tretheway/spence/mrtka/Moore they look to be in a much better spot in terms of future outlook.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
With Kaprizov, I would expect Chicago to be well in a playoff spot in 2026.

They’re going to bottom out again this season.

Already some elite young pieces.

So much cap space

They’d make noise.

I hate it.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Will say what team with cap space wouldn’t want Kirill *IF he hits free agency.
If he somehow he did I’m sure Chicago would be very interested.

The reporter who posted this stuff is a complete clown to begin with fyi.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Clearly talking when he's a UFA. Means Chicago has 2 more years to stockpile in the draft and develop the young talent they have. I could see it even if he wants to win. Simple fact is with the right moves any team can turn into a contender in a 5 year span. Blackhawks already drafted the franchise. They just to be build around him.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Be a playoff threat, sure. But I don't see the Hawks having the kind of depth yet to be a contender by then.

I agree with this. They would likely be a couple years away still.

For KK if he's going all in on Chicago at a huge money, 7 year term contract he's probably okay if the first couple season's are the team earning their way into the playoffs mix. All teams have to learn how to win together before they truly become contenders anyways. If he truly wants a specific team I'd think he'd also want to be a major part of the team turning that corner.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
More like $22M - $25M. Not all that much different than Pittsburgh having ~$18M tied up in Crosby/Malkin in 15-16.

It's a dump. But it's a big enough dump that if you're making millions you can avoid the dumpy parts.

You mean lasagna? That's essentially what it is lol.

I visited Chicago, and sure we stayed in the downtown/lakefront area, but it's a very nice city from what I saw. We were there with a toddler there even and walking around at night time, never felt unsafe.

The river architectural tour thing they do is fantastic, the pier area is very nice too. I think I liked it as much as New York if not moreso.

If you have money, I have to imagine you'd be living in the nice parts of the city.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
That is very true but if Chicago got another high-end piece with their first this year and hit with Tampa's that could be a major difference come ufa time if say Chicago lands one of martone/McQueen/ryabkin/frondell and one of misa/tretheway/spence/mrtka/Moore they look to be in a much better spot in terms of future outlook.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas we'd have.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Guys, I heard McDavid wants to sign with Utah within the next three years, but just take it with a grain of salt, but people said it

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Carolina Hurricanes have a treasure trove of prospects and all of their draft capital. If Kaprizov is going to go anywhere besides Minnesota, it's going to be the Canes. Nobody else has the mixture of assets and contending status that they do.

That assuming he wants out before summer 2026. Believe the indication is hell finish his contract and Chicago will be his top choice in 2026, anything can happen tho.

For a guy who's one season away from UFA? Please. I could see Morrow, Unger Sorum, and/or Nadeau, however, in a hypothetical Kaprizov package. Minnesota would still get some fantastic prospects.

The acquiring team would have him for at least two playoff runs and two full seasons if he were to be traded now.

He wants to win and wants to go to Chicago? those things aren't compatible

In two years? Rebuild will be more or less done. They will have a bevy of prospects, tons of cap space and the appeal of being an O6 market/major city.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You're listing a bunch of inconsequential players. Lots of young teams have as good, or better prospect depth. Bedard would be enticing though and Levshunov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad