Half-Assed GDT: Last Preseason Game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
These are fun, stress free games to watch. Nice little reprieve before the regular season starts.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Welp. Nothing to cheer about so far. Blues haven’t had a scoring chance I don’t think. Haven’t touched the puck.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Our PK is in toothless regular season form. Love that it's all on the goalie to bail us out while no one is physical, quick, clearing, disrupting. Just play on their heels until a score or a glove stops play.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Safe to say that no one on the Blues side fighting to stay in the NHL made a case for making the opening night roster.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This Schuenemann character is one of the worst players I’ve seen in a preseason game for the Blues. Can’t believe he’s a veteran of several hundred AHL games.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This looks like a battle fir who get to be the scratches in the NHL and who goes to the AHL. I don’t think a single guy in this game will play Tuesday, barring an emergency.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This Shueneman
This looks like a battle fir who get to be the scratches in the NHL and who goes to the AHL. I don’t think a single guy in this game will play Tuesday, barring an emergency.
Mathieu Joseph makes 3M and hasn’t played an AHL game in 5 years. He’s definitely playing opening night. Toropchenko almost certainly will too.

Reactions: southsider

CurrentCS

Jul 4, 2023
None of the Dmen in this game have a future with the Blues save for POJ as a 6/7 for the time being.

Perunovich is the biggest disappointment in camp. He got his chance and has royally blown it.

Its hard to blame Zherenko but at the same time he hasn't looked good either.

Bolduc has been pretty invisible as well which is disappointing. I'm thinking he is going to be the last cut in camp and likely first callup. Time in the AHL next to Dalibor won't hurt either of them.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I can't watch the game, but the replay on Dvorsky's goal looks MacKinnon-like. I can see it's been a terrible game for the squad, but that sort of skill he showed on that goal was awesome. Very excited to see how he develops.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Pretty tough one to watch. Fun seeing that Dvorsky goal and Perunovich finally get one in.

Michael64

Aug 20, 2024
Consider this rivalry renewed.

Watched this clip several times. V proud of Bolduc. And all the Blues on ice except one. Bolduc looked for the ref to call the 2nd -3rd shot to the head by Bedwetter down in Hawks zone. He looked right at him, no call on Bedwetter. This is typical, I say this as a proud Cdn hockey fan having watched Bedwetter over the yrs. The slightest infraction and he over reacts, never gets called. It is why he will never attain the same level of Rushmore ( Gretzky; Lemieux;Crosby;McDavid) that some wish him. This will help us in the rivalry.

The Hawks on ice jumped right in to save Bedwetter, justifiably. I could not see all our guys but several did their parts. Except one. Scott Perunovich. Having played and coached at competitive levels for yrs, NOTHING sours the bench attitudes like a 'skilled PP QB' not engaging - until the last moment. I am not a pugilist and in fact prefer the skilled game however there are times when it is required, pre-season or otherwise. TO.JUMP.IN.

I actually liked the arc of Perunovich battling back from injuries and trying yet again, however there is now sufficient evidence to release him to the Euro leagues.

Sidebar, thought Korchinski was a weasel for briefly going at DD in a mismatch. Try Tucker next time...who was not on ice , if dressed.

I know inflammatory however I despise the refs for having 2 whistles...yes Crosby is a whiner and we can pt out short comings across the yrs, however this was so clear to make it sick.

Reactions: BlueMed

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Watched this clip several times. V proud of Bolduc. And all the Blues on ice except one. Bolduc looked for the ref to call the 2nd -3rd shot to the head by Bedwetter down in Hawks zone. He looked right at him, no call on Bedwetter. This is typical, I say this as a proud Cdn hockey fan having watched Bedwetter over the yrs. The slightest infraction and he over reacts, never gets called. It is why he will never attain the same level of Rushmore ( Gretzky; Lemieux;Crosby;McDavid) that some wish him. This will help us in the rivalry.

The Hawks on ice jumped right in to save Bedwetter, justifiably. I could not see all our guys but several did their parts. Except one. Scott Perunovich. Having played and coached at competitive levels for yrs, NOTHING sours the bench attitudes like a 'skilled PP QB' not engaging - until the last moment. I am not a pugilist and in fact prefer the skilled game however there are times when it is required, pre-season or otherwise. TO.JUMP.IN.

I actually liked the arc of Perunovich battling back from injuries and trying yet again, however there is now sufficient evidence to release him to the Euro leagues.

Sidebar, thought Korchinski was a weasel for briefly going at DD in a mismatch. Try Tucker next time...who was not on ice , if dressed.

I know inflammatory however I despise the refs for having 2 whistles...yes Crosby is a whiner and we can pt out short comings across the yrs, however this was so clear to make it sick.

Is Bedwetter just a nickname you use, or is there a back-story?

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
What was with all of the broken sticks in the first period? I'm not sure that I've ever seen that many over a full game, let alone 1 period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad