GDT: Last Preseason Game - Habs B squad vs Sens Goons - 7pm EST

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah, a mix of the two. We can't have high expectations with a team like that.

Putting the onus on the coaching staff is a bit ridiculous. The progression the team has had so far since MSL's hiring should be enough to give them the benefit of doubt.

Ducharme was 8-30-7 on the season when MSL came in. That's about 42 points prorated for 82 games. The 76 points last season, while also leading in games lossed by 1 goal is much progression for a club that still has so many holes on the roster.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Things not looking encouraging for a significant climb in the standings this year. I think we're primed for a 5-10 finish from what I saw in the preseason.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Putting the onus on the coaching staff is a bit ridiculous. The progression the team has had so far since MSL's hiring should be enough to give them the benefit of doubt.

Ducharme was 8-30-7 on the season when MSL came in. That's about 42 points prorated for 82 games. The 76 points last season, while also leading in games lossed by 1 goal is much progression for a club that still has so many holes on the roster.
I agree. When I do satyre here I'm not totally serious. The context of the joke as a good punch line.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What pisses me off is that they didn't make the pp issue a priority.
Our PP is a huge issue. How many losses could have been wins with just a decent pp last season?

No adjustment was made. They hardly practiced it. No new strategy attempts. No new transition game. Still the same setup in the o zone. Still only one D at the point. Nothing is tried except for praying it will magically start to work. This screams incompetence to me.
MS has us playing well as a 5 on 5 team....................we are losing games all the time because of the brutal play by the not so special teams...............tired of it.
This............is on the coaching. We can all see it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The PP issues really are baffling to me. It's been like 10 years now that the PP stinks. We've changed coaches multiple times, new GM, almost all the players have chnaged, and yet it's the same issues year after year.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The PP issues really are baffling to me. It's been like 10 years now that the PP stinks. We've changed coaches multiple times, new GM, almost all the players have chnaged, and yet it's the same issues year after year.

Because we didn't have a true QB on the PP. There's nothing baffling about that.

Let's see how Hutson will do before sounding the alarm.

Reactions: Andrei79

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

What we haven’t changed is the talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad