Movies: Last Movie You Watched and Rate it | {Insert Appropriate Seasonal Greeting Here}

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Salem's Lot (2024) - 6/10

I really wanted to like this one more, but they just tried to cram way too much material into a movie run time.

I love the novel and the original mini series. At this point Salem's Lot needs to be done as a 1 season series like Chernobyl to properly tell the story and fit all the material in. The original mini series does a very good job of it in its 3 hours run time, but even that had to drop subplots and combine a few characters into one (notably the adultery angle and the amount of time between Danny disappearing and the next attack). The latest attempt unfortunately cuts out pretty any character development moments to where to where they're all just faces on the screen with no identity to connect to. It simply jumps from big moment to big moment from the book and plays out like a book report written by a 6th grader.

Reactions: kihei

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice - 5/10

Finally got around to taking the boys and some of their friends to see this. Had them watch the original a month or so ago. Overall, it's (obviously) all about the nostalgia and the main reason it even got the 5 rating. As a stand-alone movie, there are a number of different plots that make the movie jumbled and confusing at times. I think Burton had all these ideas over the years, and when it was finally greenlit, he decided to cram all of them into one movie. Plus, not a shocker as it's Tim Burton, but parts were just really weird.

Overall, it's a fun trip down memory lane and they did a good job bringing back characters and linking to the first one. Got a few chuckles too. However, it was a mess as it jumped from one story to another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad