Confirmed with Link: Larsson re-signs 6 years $4,166,666.67

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Larsson now gonna have to get some permanent NJ real estate if he hasnt already!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet the mainboard is having a field day with this contract, just an absolute field day.

I don't even wanna venture over there right now. :shakehead

kiwidevil

90% are saying it's a good contract. As even if he plays at a second pairing level this 6 years it is about market value. Everything above is a steal.

I would love to get Larsson more PP time, but the truth we need him to play the PK so much that to not completely over work him you would need to cut his even strength minutes.

Which leads to another question. Our PP was pretty good statistically last year. How much do we drop without Zids and who will play point if Hynes wants to keep Larsson's minutes as is? Who were the point men on both PP's usually?

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Hope somebody have the skills and commitment to do this, was looking for a new video of Adam Larsson but it's only old videos. I would be stocked to look at a 5-10 minute video of his last season, hits, assist, goals but most important he's defensive plays. I'm not a video guy but can anybody here do that challenge.

Would also be nice to show the rest on the main board this video:)

Thanks

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
90% are saying it's a good contract. As even if he plays at a second pairing level this 6 years it is about market value. Everything above is a steal.

I would love to get Larsson more PP time, but the truth we need him to play the PK so much that to not completely over work him you would need to cut his even strength minutes.

Which leads to another question. Our PP was pretty good statistically last year. How much do we drop without Zids and who will play point if Hynes wants to keep Larsson's minutes as is? Who were the point men on both PP's usually?

Would guess Severson, Gelly, Larrson will get a lion share of the PP time on the points. Im sure the 4th will rotate between Greene and Merrill, maybe a forward from time to time. If someone like Hrabarenka makes the team its possible he gets time as the 4th guy also.

kiwidevil

Another thing we lose with Zids is a RH shot. Severson the only one left unless Hrabs makes the unlikely jump.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Interview in the local newspaper here in Skellefteå:
On Saturday, it was decided that Adam Larsson will continue in the New Jersey Devils for six new seasons after a contract worth $ 215 million was completed between the parties.

Adam is at home with family in Skellefteå and is obviously thrilled about the new dream contract.
- It feels great and very exciting to be able to continue within the association, he says happily as the blog gets hold of him during Sunday morning.

Had you been able to believe in such a long contract when you started the negotiations?
- No, absolutely not. Or rather, I hadn't given much thought to neither length nor money, that's what you have agents for, he says.

What does the new contract mean for you as a hockey player?
- Well, in this business you get nothing for free as a player, everything is pretty much up to you. But of course it feels great that the club decided to invest in me.

What does this mean for you as an individual?
- It will still be like normal. [When in Skellefteå] I still sleep at home, eat mom's food and that whole bit. But obviously it is a sum I could only dream about, I'm probably too stupid to really comprehend it, he says, laughing.

The contract involves not only financial security and a safer place in Devils roster. For Larsson, it also means a new situation as the pressure and expectations tend to be increase with a larger paycheck.

- Naturally you feel the pressure, but one always does. Both from myself and the surrounding, he says, and continues:
- But once you play and you are fully immersed in a season it's not something you think about very much.

In 2012 the New Jersey Devils reached the Stanley Cup Finals where they lost against the Los Angeles Kings. After that season the team has had a heavier time, missing the playoffs for three consecutive years. But Adam Larson hope and believe that the trend will be broken in the coming seasons.
- We have a very young team so it'll be fun to be on this journey. I think the future looks very bright, concludes a happy 22-year-old.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
On Saturday, it was decided that Adam Larsson will continue in the New Jersey Devils for six new seasons after a contract worth $ 215 million was completed between the parties.

damn son.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Super happy about this contract...and in reality, not really much of a risk. At absolute worst, he will be a top 4 defenseman.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I don't see why everyone is patting Shero/Harris on the back. This was the deal to be done. Anything less than this would have been a colossal failure by Shero for not giving Larsson his due according to comparable players and by Harris for not making a financial commitment to the team's young rising defensive star when it's this contract that puts us over the floor.

All that said, I am glad it's done and hope that AL continues to mature and develop, using the Post-Pete 2nd half to elevate his game even higher.

And, as an aside, it's the Brodin contract, not the Josi one.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't see why everyone is patting Shero/Harris on the back. This was the deal to be done. Anything less than this would have been a colossal failure by Shero for not giving Larsson his due according to comparable players and by Harris for not making a financial commitment to the team's young rising defensive star when it's this contract that puts us over the floor.

All that said, I am glad it's done and hope that AL continues to mature and develop, using the Post-Pete 2nd half to elevate his game even higher.

And, as an aside, it's the Brodin contract, not the Josi one.

so its only OK To blame the GM for things but not give him praise. that makes sense :laugh:

even the people like me that disliked him overall the past few years would give him credit when he made a good move (aka the Greene/Schneider contracts, for example)

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Not when he does what he is supposed to do. It's not anything any other GM wouldn't have done. But, OK, just for you, I'll say, "Way to go, Ray! Way to sign our RFA former 4th overall defenseman to a fair, market value contract!"

To my point, I don't think anyone here would have been happy with a 2-year deal.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Not when he does what he is supposed to do. It's not anything any other GM wouldn't have done. But, OK, just for you, I'll say, "Way to go, Ray! Way to sign our RFA former 4th overall defenseman to a fair, market value contract!"

To my point, I don't think anyone here would have been happy with a 2-year deal.

so basically a GM (read: Shero) will only get bash posts from you.

seems fair.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
Well, actually I have never "bashed" him. So I don't know where you're getting this from. I actually did praise him for the Palmieri deal, though.

Look, all I'm saying is that he did exactly what he was expected to; sign Larsson to a deal that is market value and takes away some UFA years.

You certainly cannot disagree with me when I say that not getting a deal like this for AL would be a failure by Shero. It would potentially cost us millions of dollars and we might end of losing Larsson when all is said and done. We would have been in exact same position with Adam in 2 years as we were with Parise in 2011.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Well, actually I have never "bashed" him. So I don't know where you're getting this from. I actually did praise him for the Palmieri deal, though.

Look, all I'm saying is that he did exactly what he was expected to; sign Larsson to a deal that is market value and takes away some UFA years.

You certainly cannot disagree with me when I say that not getting a deal like this for AL would be a failure by Shero. It would potentially cost us millions of dollars and we might end of losing Larsson when all is said and done. We would have been in exact same position with Adam in 2 years as we were with Parise in 2011.

I guess my point is, if this were Lou signing Larsson to this deal, you'd almost certainly praise him for it. Yet since its Shero, you aren't

Correct me if I am wrong.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Your whole logic on not receiving praise for doing what was expected doesn't make any sense. GM are supposed to manage, they get praise. Players are supposed to play, they get praise. Goalies are supposed to stop the puck, they get praise. That's how it works. I don't know what about that is surprising or concerning to you. Shero got praise for this because we typically haven't seen this happen, with the exception of Henrique. Usually it's a bridge deal and a see ya later when UFA hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad