Lane Lambert hired as assistant coach (Dean Chenowyth has left)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

Attachments

• 1000000942.jpg
    1000000942.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: ACC1224

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Seemed pretty highly regarded previously as an assistant. Maybe that's where he's best?

Although the Isles kinda suck and IMO have consistently outperformed their roster talent, so maybe he played a part of that?

So here's hoping for the best.

Reactions: horner

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Whats an 'Associate coach's" role?

The Toronto Maple Leafs officially announced that Lane Lambert has joined the club, but not as an assistant coach.​

Lambert joins Berube's staff as an associate coach, which is a step higher than an assistant coach according to Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. The role includes some of the responsibilities of a head coach and it is something that Lambert is familiar with as it was his role with the New York Islanders under Barry Trotz before assuming the head coaching role.

Lambert coached the Islanders to a 61-46-20 record before being fired and replaced by Patrick Roy. He also served as an assistant coach with the Washington Capitals and Nashville Predators and won a Stanley Cup with the Capitals in 2018.

The Leafs didn’t specify Lambert’s responsibilities as an associate. He held the title under Trotz in New York for four seasons before being promoted to head coach after his departure in 2022. The nomenclature implies that he won’t be a direct replacement for Chynoweth in terms of job responsibilities. Chynoweth, 55, had been with the club for the past three seasons.

In hiring Lambert, the Leafs also announced assistant coach Dean Chynoweth will not be returning,

Reactions: ACC1224

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Clean house, let Chief bring whoever he wants to work with him. Aside from Mike Van Ryn, who I am assuming is sticking around due to his history with Chief in the past, I literally couldn't care less if any of the coaching staff from last year returns.

Lets get a fresh voice up and down the bench

I guess the next guy to hire is Marc Savard???

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Clean house, let Chief bring whoever he wants to work with him. Aside from Mike Van Ryn, who I am assuming is sticking around due to his history with Chief in the past, I literally couldn't care less if any of the coaching staff from last year returns.

Lets get a fresh voice up and down the bench

I guess the next guy to hire is Marc Savard???
It's definitely going to be different so why not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad