Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Hutson played well except he still has the same problems. They were on display twice last night.

1) Opposing players can beat him on the outside. Juulsen had the same problem. Even though Lane had three -four steps on a Flyer in the first period, the opponent went around him and had a free lane on the goalie. It started with a pass up the boards from Anderson in the offensive zone
2) His straightaway speed leaves a lot to be desired.

Management might just decide to send him down to the A to work on those drawbacks.
Imagine sending a talent like Hutson to the AHL.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
yep hes been gone from my sight so to speak for a long time.

I don't mind banter with players from opposing teams. I don't really mind the devils trio. But there are a few posters thats only purpose is to troll/bother habs fans. Aint nobody got time for dat
Is that guy who seemingly doesn't even have a team of his own to cheer for and constantly cites stats instead of viewings, in fact a Devils fan?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Hutson played well except he still has the same problems. They were on display twice last night.

1) Opposing players can beat him on the outside. Juulsen had the same problem. Even though Lane had three -four steps on a Flyer in the first period, the opponent went around him and had a free lane on the goalie. It started with a pass up the boards from Anderson in the offensive zone
2) His straightaway speed leaves a lot to be desired.

Management might just decide to send him down to the A to work on those drawbacks.
Ahl lolol

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You can not "hook" the puck with side spin like that, it is not possible at such a low velocity. Pucks that are tumbling or fluttering can suddenly drop or break due to a sudden increase in resistance if the puck tumbles just the right but you absolutely can not spin it and curve the trajectory as you are alluding.

Regardless it was a phenomenal pass and I alluded to this freakish ability that Lane has to sauce pucks at all sorts of trajectories with uncanny accuracy back when he was in college.
lol hooking the puck. Agreed. It cannot be intentional.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
This kid is going to be the best thing that'll happen to the Habs power play since Markov was let go, and they f***ing need it.

Years of atrocious power play with this group, years of spamming Weber one timer and forcing it to him, years of doing the same with PK. I can't remember the last time the Habs powerplay had any creativity or vision what so ever. I miss the Markov-Kovalev Powerplay days.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah he's not starting in Laval. He's too dynamic.

Watching him is going to take 10 years off my life but in a rollercoaster way. His unpredictability is what makes him so good, but it also makes me pearl-clutch when he's taking risks at the blue line.

Really fun player.

Subban would do alot of daring things at the blue line as well before he lost his agility.

But he was frequently successful with it, so I didn't really bat an eye. Hopefully we get to have similar comfort with lane.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They could always try Matheson with Hutson on the PP. matheson’s skating would help negate any speed deficiency with Hutson. They could try putting MM on the right side…

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
They could always try Matheson with Hutson on the PP. matheson’s skating would help negate any speed deficiency with Hutson. They could try putting MM on the right side…
No need for MM on the first waive once Hutson takes control and a good way to lower is time on ice. Hutson will revolutionize the PP as a positionless moving unit more than the static vomit we've been used to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad