Prospect Info: Lane Hutson Part 2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Harris consistently logged more minutes than Struble in March and April. Struble lost a step in the 2nd half of the season after being a really bright spot in the first half. i don't agree with your assessment here, and the stats don't support it either.
The truth is Struble ran into the same wall Harris did in his rookie campaign.
82 games is a big ask coming out of the NCAA.
Struble will be better prepared this season.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Harris consistently logged more minutes than Struble in March and April. Struble lost a step in the 2nd half of the season after being a really bright spot in the first half. i don't agree with your assessment here, and the stats don't support it either.

Harris was injured from December to late Jan, Struble played a lot more than his development plan was calling for during this period. Then Harris came back and re-took the role of replacer in chief. "Struble dropped off when Harris was re-given his role" - no shit sherlock.

That's not data telling a story, that's measuring pre-established internal team roles.

I'm talking about coaching decisions around key moments more than high-level stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Harris was injured from December to late Jan, Struble played a lot more than his development plan was calling for during this period. Then Harris came back and re-took the role of replacer in chief. "Struble dropped off when Harris was re-given his role" - no shit sherlock.

That's not data telling a story, that's measuring pre-established internal team roles.

I'm talking about coaching decisions around key moments more than high-level stats.
no he wasn't

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
1722628154695.png

I see how I f***ed there, who places headers UNDER the month. lol

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Anyway, I was watching some of his extended highlights and I noticed this play which is the exact same play he made for his assist on Slafkovsky's goal.
Good catch.

I like how... simple it is. He does his Hutson stuff at the blue line, and everyone expect him to go somewhere with it, but all he is doing is buy time for the winger on the far side to be at the right spot to get a pass or a juicy rebond.

The only reason he can pull this off is because of his puck handling and skating. Obviously he can't just wait it out passively of he's going to get checked. So instead he does... something. Those Hutson's things. And it looks complex and threatening, and the D just has no clue what to do, but all he's doing is buying time...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If he adds greater speed to his toolkit
Look the eff out boy!

Perhaps the most exciting thing about Hutson is the tremendous work ethic & drive that he appears to have.

With that, it's all but a given that he will improve tremendously as an athlete & as a hockey player btw now and his mid-20s prime.

Can't wait to see what his ceiling ends up being.

Future is bright 😎

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
In my lifetime watching the Habs, don’t recall a single player even being in discussion for rookie of the year (Calder) balloting … iirc Dryden was last Hab to win 52-years ago

Hutson & Demigod likely to be in the running, future bringing some excitement…

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
In my lifetime watching the Habs, don’t recall a single player even being in discussion for rookie of the year (Calder) balloting … iirc Dryden was last Hab to win 52-years ago

Hutson & Demigod likely to be in the running, future bringing some excitement…
I believe Michael Ryder won it. There weren't a ton of rookies making an immediate impact in those years.

Edit: correction, he was nominated, but not won. So you are correct that Dryden was the last one.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Struble definitely dropped off in the second half. But I've never seen Harris look as good as Struble did at his best. If one goes, I prefer we hang onto Struble.

I suspect Hutson makes the team out of camp and if he does, we're going to need to make those kinds of decisions because Harris would have value for other clubs.

I don't see Hutson starting with the Habs. Is possible we let him play 20-40 AHL games before calling him up. If you want to trade Harris , Barron or Struble. You need to make them play in the NHL.

We could also build chemistry for a future first pairing with Hutson-Reinbacher.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Imo he is the most exciting part of next season , this kid is gonna make tons of wingers look so dumb at the line. He is a free shot on net vs any forward in the league already.... I can easily see slaf scoring 4-5 tips off him next season

Reactions: montreal

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If he is starting in Montreal. I think he could be a perfect fit with David Savard. Savard will take care of the D zone

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2