Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Arguable, but thats because we have the largest fanbase, and we also have the most passionate fanbase. Something youll never get to experience.

Ducks rebuild is going just as well as Montreal's. They both still suck, and arent there yet. If Demidov wasnt going to be your pick, that was a mistake, just as all those teams that didnt choose Michkov in 2023. Your GM also passed on Buium AND Lindstrom. Thats big 3 mistakes.

But keep running your mouth about rookie Dman on a rebuilding team thats already displayed a ton of skill and playmaking in his first 9 NHL games.... and if you havent recognized that, then I dont know what to say. Youre just displaying what your true hockey knowledge is with your comments.

Imagine how dumb someone wouldve sounded saying Carlsson looked bad after his first 9 NHL games..... McTavish hasnt scored a goal yet, Gauthier didnt have point until yesterday. Zegras I dont need to explain, Luneau's a -4 after 5 games..... ALL DOWNFALLS!! :dunce:

seriously man.
Happiest fans maybe?

Passion comes with the good and the bad and in my searching I can't seem to find seem to find anything on Hab's fans booing their team or chanting for their coach or GM to quit and they definitely had reason to during the 2010's with Bergiven and Therien.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
its what I think, just like I thought picking Reinbacher over Michkov was a mistake. Many share the sentiment.

Dude, if youre going to be sarcastic put the emoji.... simple as that. Jesus.
Doesn’t work on phone, thought it was obvious as I’ve defended Hutson plenty.

I think it’s too early to tell…. Michkov and Demidov are talented…. But so are Reinbacher and sennecke and I’m not going to jump to those conclusions until they all play significant time at nhl lvl.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Happiest fans maybe?

Passion comes with the good and the bad and in my searching I can't seem to find seem to find anything on Hab's fans booing their team or chanting for their coach or GM to quit and they definitely had reason to during the 2010's with Bergiven and Therien.
Passion? I wouldnt call chanting to have your coach/GM fired passion at all. THats just being classless. Pathetic even..... Trust me, we voice our displeasure in other ways, ie. through the media.

They had great runs with Therrien, though, the best Habs team weve seen since the early 90s. A team that didnt even have a superstar player other than Price. Why would we boo that?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

I think it’s too early to tell…. Michkov and Demidov are talented…. But so are Reinbacher and sennecke and I’m not going to jump to those conclusions until they all play significant time at nhl lvl.
But you enjoy "watching his downfall".

:nod:

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
He's being overplayed as a rookie with size and defensive warts on a dogshit team that has no defensive structure. Yes he'll have bad nights, this shouldn't be shocking to anyone.
Putting any of his play aside, I really need someone from the organization to explain why your rookie defenceman is playing 24 mins in a blowout while obviously struggling (in this game). Put the kid in good situations and let him learn, chuck him to the wolves enough and he may not progress like they want.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Passion? I wouldnt call chanting to have your coach/GM fired passion at all. THats just being classless. Pathetic even..... Trust me, we voice our displeasure in other ways, ie. through the media.

They had great runs with Therrien, though, the best Habs team weve seen since the early 90s. A team that didnt even have a superstar player other than Price. Why would we boo that?
Agree to disagree I guess. as I said "passion" isn't just about being happy it's also about showing anger. and I think a passionate fanbase holds their team to account.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal

well, didnt see your Hutson praise. My bad I guess.

Yes time will tell for them. I dont think Sennecke will be bust, I just think at #3 you take the best talent and I dont think he is/was. We made that mistake with KK too.... although Zadina was thought to be the best "talent" around 3-4 ironically.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Putting any of his play aside, I really need someone from the organization to explain why your rookie defenceman is playing 24 mins in a blowout while obviously struggling (in this game). Put the kid in good situations and let him learn, chuck him to the wolves enough and he may not progress like they want.
It's called the "throw the kid into the deep end and hope he learns to swim" strategy. Has iffy results but can work faster.o_O

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
There are posters here on hf who’s main purpose is not to cheer for a team they like, but to cheer against teams they don’t like.

I’m not even sure these guys like hockey, or just like trolling on the internet

Regardless, the ignore feature works very well and if you’re engaging these posters its kinda on you.

You won’t miss out on anything important, I promise

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Agree to disagree I guess. as I said "passion" isn't just about being happy it's also about showing anger. and I think a passionate fanbase holds their team to account.
sure thats what the media is for.... But 10000+ so called fans chanting "Fire (coach)!" in the middle of a game is very low. Especially that its not always JUST the coach. THe team is also part of the problem believe it or not.

Its just easier to single out ONE guy than a whole team. Its sad to see fans do that.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
There are posters here on hf who’s main purpose is not to cheer for a team they like, but to cheer against teams they don’t like.

I’m not even sure these guys like hockey, or just like trolling on the internet

Regardless, the ignore feature works very well and if you’re engaging these posters its kinda on you.

You won’t miss out on anything important, I promise
They're just trying to get a reaction out of us. We're way too easy to trigger as a fanbase.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Still way too early to conclude anything. But just a reminder that not every offensive undersized defenseman is the next Quinn Hughes. Just like not every huge D is the next Chara.
Let’s see how he develops. He still has a lot of things to improve on but as I said it’s way too early to jump to any conclusions.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Every "Great" offensive defenseman has had a good partner that allows them to play their and not worry so much about the defensive side, They have each others backs and know their "Game".

Karlsson had Methot
Q. Hughes had Schenn and now Hronek
Makar has Toews
Hamilton had his career year in part to the fact that Grave's covered for him.

Hutson having someone who can cover him doesn't mean he stops learning. it just means that his mistakes don't have terrible consequences.
Your first sentence is pretty much the point I'm making. If Hutson's main issue is his defensive side, then he should be and needs to be worried about his defensive side. So it doesn't really make sense saying he needs to have a partner that will make him not worry about his defensive side.

Having a good partner such as Methot for Karlsson is nice to have if the goal is to win games and maximize your players' talents and on ice results. But I think Montreal is more focused on developing their players rather than winning games.

As a Canucks fan, I've read a lot about Hutson in college last season because Willander was on the team. A lot of the reports mentioned concerns about Hutson's game and hyper-rover style of play translating to the NHL. So far, it sounds like Hutson needs to adjust his game if he wants to stick in the NHL and I don't see how having a babysitter for him is mandatory in achieving that.

Hughes improved defensively not because he was babysat by Tanev or Schenn but because he made a conscious effort to work on his game every year. Schenn and Tanev were definitely helpful in covering Hughes' weaknesses but that mainly impacted on ice results rather than Hughes' actual development.

Obviously making too many mistakes that end up in the back of the net could negatively effect Hutson's confidence where he might feel overwhelmed and start playing too scared. But again, that's something coaching and Hutson's own perseverance can help with. Having a babysitter isn't mandatory for that either.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
If he keeps having bad nights consistently I would be worried about ruining him. I think you give him a few more games to calm down but if he's still having games like this you should probably do something.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
well, didnt see your Hutson praise. My bad I guess.

Yes time will tell for them. I dont think Sennecke will be bust, I just think at #3 you take the best talent and I dont think he is/was. We made that mistake with KK too.... although Zadina was thought to be the best "talent" around 3-4 ironically.
Well I wouldn’t have picked sennecke there, and if he was the guy we wanted I woulda moved down a few spots(easier said than done).

I felt like buium was the bpa, but we’re heavy on lhd

Reactions: amnesiac

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Well I wouldn’t have picked sennecke there, and if he was the guy we wanted I woulda moved down a few spots(easier said than done).

I felt like buium was the bpa, but we’re heavy on lhd
I wanted demidov so I'm happy but when ducks took sennecke, I got so jealous lol.

Wish Habs could have them both. Sennecke is such an intriguing player man....

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some of the comments in this thread are truly deranged.

The idea that you bump a thread every game a rookie has a bad game is hard to believe someone has that time on their hands and hate for a random rookie.

Was he awful last night? Absolutely, he had a complete stinker. But the Habs are just a bad team. They were giving up 5 whether they had Lane or anyone in his lineup spot.

And even within the bad games you see his ability. He’s going to put up a lot of points this year and drive play offensively. He’s going to rip off a scoring streak soon, and the tone of many of these comments will change.

He’s a 20 year old rookie in the NHL. If you don’t expect ups and downs, you’re crazy. And he was a late second rounder. And he’s a 5’10 defenseman. And he’s the absolute lightest player in the league this year. Only 162 pounds.

Give it time. You don’t need to live and die on his every game. Hutson will have an overall very positive season and be one of the best rookies in the league. And that comes with some downs. If you focus on all the downs, says more about you than him.

• Haha
Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wanted demidov so I'm happy but when ducks took sennecke, I got so jealous lol.

Wish Habs could have them both. Sennecke is such an intriguing player man....
I trust the scouts and sennecke is a very interesting prospect in the sense I feel he’s got a bigger gap from what he is now and what he could be…. But it’s a project pick and we won’t really know for 2-3 years of it was a great pick or not.

Watching him, I think his skill set is going to fit in nicely in Anaheim

Reactions: HabzSauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad