Lane Hutson Burgeoning Star Watch

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't think AHL is the answer. He's too smart, too skilled. I think he develops better in the NHL. Habs can live with his defensive mishaps this year. We're garbage anyways

What doesn't help him is his usage. Averaging over 23min/game right out the gate is too much
Then the Hab's need to get him an actual good veteran D partner that can cover for him. Sadly there isn't much available but I'd think Tj Brodie, Bogosian, or even Ceci would work better in that role then Savard.

Reactions: HabzSauce

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Then the Hab's need to get him an actual good veteran D partner that can cover for him. Sadly there isn't much available but I'd think Tj Brodie, Bogosian, or even Ceci would work better in that role then Savard.
The blackhawks did a nice job getting reliable vets short term in Brodie and Martinez.

Bluenotes27

Sponsor
Mar 5, 2010
Canada
I think there’s a certain rasmus from Calgary that Habs fans should look to acquire to help. (Although I’d rather my leafs acquire to stabilize what they have)

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
You should quote those posts to call that poster out, not pretend that it’s the opinion of all habs fans
I didn't say it was the opinion of all habs fans. I mention that a habs fan and another fan who happened to be a Toronto fan compare him to Hughes.

Although I do think that there is sentiment of habs fans is to look at Hughes as a top end comparable to Hutson. Which I do not think is realistic.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Yup it's brutal. I don't see them making any trades for defenceman until summer but if this shit continues you never know. The dream partner for hutson would be Reinbacher if he can get it together but that is years away.

Habs board has been talking about getting Andersson at some point. That is a guy I'd love to target. Not necessarily for Hutson but in general. Would improve the D immensely and allow Guhle to go back on his natural side

Reactions: Xirik

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Just a few pages ago there was a habs fan calling him Hughes 2.0 and another fan directly comparing him to Hughes.
And comparing to Hughes how? plenty of comparisons in this thread. All fair discussion. The Hughes 2.0 guy is making a funny comment. That's just one fan, were there any others??
Hahaha, you clearly haven't been reading this thread.
I've read this entire thread. You should go back and re-read it.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not blaming Savard, but putting a rookie offensive defenseman with known poor defense skills on a pairing with possibly the worst defenseman in the NHL is not a recipe for success

Unfortunately we don’t even have a better player to pair him with lmfao yikes!
you mean the one where in other threads montreal fans insist his value is a first at the deadline?

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013
What a talent! Habs fans are in for a treat watching him in the coming years. He reminds me of Quinn Hughes, my favorite player. Unlike Hughes, who developed with a stabilizing partner in Chris Tanev who covered up his defensive shortcomings, Hutson is on his own out there unfortunately. I hope it doesn't impact his development negatively. Yes he will get a lot of hate around here because he's a young small offensive defenseman playing on a Canadian team, we saw it with Hughes, it's going to happen but like Hughes Hutson will make all the critics in here look silly.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad