Proposal: Landeskog to Isles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
All I'm seeing is Isles fans not understanding that Avs have zero reason at all to trade Landy.

Chiarelli had to do something drastic. Avs do not.

Sakic is a fine GM. It's Roy that is the problem.

You are loaded at forward and could afford to trade one of them to shake up this roster. I don't think Landy is a true leader, solid player but not captain material. Again, this combination of players isn't working for the Avs. I would bet Mackinnon gets the C within next 3 years. It will be his team eventually.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You are loaded at forward and could afford to trade one of them to shake up this roster. I don't think Landy is a true leader, solid player but not captain material. Again, this combination of players isn't working for the Avs. I would bet Mackinnon gets the C within next 3 years. It will be his team eventually.

Loaded at forward? Honestly, don't speak on subjects you clearly know little about. You have no idea about Landeskog's leadership abilities, or lack thereof, you're just making it up as you go. Can you quantify why he's not a true leader? Was it the fact that he was touted as captain material before he was drafted, and captain of Kitchener? Was it the fact that Roy has ripped the team for poor leadership this past year, but went out of his way not to include Landy in that group? He laid into the core of the team, but specifically excluded Landeskog as the one core player who was NOT part of the issue. The Avs are actually thin on high end forwards, they can't afford to lose one, at all. That's a pretty embarrassingly ignorant post on your end.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

So let me get this straight. Our forward combination isn't working so you'll do us a solid and take one of our better players for a package of lesser assets?

Yeah, I think we'll have to pass.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Um what??? Loaded at forward? Outside of MacKinnon, Duchene, and Landeskog who would qualify as quality top 6er?

Rantanen? maybe but he has played all of 9 tryout games last year. Grigorenko? Yeah the guy who scored all of 6 goals and 27points last season, he still has potential but a ways to go still. Colborne? He might qualify as a decent top 6 player but to this point his career high is 44points, so not exactly a stud. Iginla is done like dinner except for PPs. Comeau is a 3rd liner. Soderberg is a quality 3C on a good team, but can pass as an Ok 2C on a bad team. Everyone else blows.

So in summary we have 3 quality guys, 2 high end prospects in Rantanen and Jost (who is probably 2 years out), we have 2 borderline top 6ers in Colborne and Soderberg, 1 young guy who is getting better but still needs work in Grigorenko, 3 prospects that have top 6 potential in Compher, Greer, Morrison with only Compher set to make an impact this season but he'll probably start in the AHL, and bunch of 3rd line or worse players.

I guess I'm missing the part where we are loaded up front. Cause last I checked we're really thin up front and could use some help in that area. So why in the hell would we trade 1 of our 3 quality top 6ers for a futures package that makes us worse today and depletes our offense even more?

People keep trying to force feed us dmen prospects. But honestly assuming Barrie gets signed, the future at defense looks pretty bright with EJ, Barrie, Zadorov and Bigras. With prospects like Meloche, Mironov (who most people don't know, but has been a quality dman in the KHL for a few years now) and Boikov.

We need offense more than defense at this point.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
We could always include a goalie to send them. Isles have three. To all the Avs fans telling me how great your team is, THIS team you have now obviously isn't working. Changes definitely needed, whether its Landy or Duchene something has to change there. McKinnon would be my only untouchable. Outside of Barrie nobody impresses me on D. Eric Johnson is solid but thats about it. Surprised Roy is still the coach there to be honest. Id be upset if I was an Avs fan.

Well thats that, Colorado needed a fresh start anyway.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Here is what the Avs need:

A top end, youngish defensman who can play on the top pairing
A high end winger in addition to Landeskog

You are suggesting the Avs trade Landeskog, their 23 year old captain and best all around forward. You offer a 21 year old prospect defensman with 15 NHL games played. The Avs already have two 21 year old high end prospect defensmen in Zadorov in Bigras competing for spots this year. Pulock would be great, but for Landy? Hell no. Strome is 23, took a big step back this year, is clearly inferior to both MacKinnon and Duchene, and probably won't be protected by the Isles. A 1st rounder has good value, but the Avs aren't rebuilding. You aren't hitting any of the Avs main needs, and that is an absolute must if they deal Landeskog. Basically, offer a top end defender, or don't try. You're offering three nice pieces, but none of them are essential to the Avs, and in return you want one of the foundational pieces of the club who's only 23, the captain, and signed on a great deal for 5 years. Honestly...you should have figured the answer out before posting.

Also, an expansion draft is coming. The Avs would almost guarenteed have to expose one of Pulock / Strome, so that makes this a doubly easy no.

You were making sense until you made the laughable comment that 22 /23 yr old Strome would not be protected.

It was reported by the press shortly after the playoffs, that Snow had gotten post playoff trade requests from other teams, which he quickly shutdown. Strome remains a huge part of the nyi future.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You were making sense until you made the laughable comment that 22 /23 yr old Strome would not be protected.

It was reported by the press shortly after the playoffs, that Snow had gotten post playoff trade requests from other teams, which he quickly shutdown. Strome remains a huge part of the nyi future.

Maybe I was wrong then in how your organization valued him, but you've got five defensman to protect, Ladd, Tavares, then one of Nelson / Strome / Lee. I figured it'd be more of a dogfight this upcoming year between those guys and no sure thing, but I'll defer to you.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Maybe I was wrong then in how your organization valued him, but you've got five defensman to protect, Ladd, Tavares, then one of Nelson / Strome / Lee. I figured it'd be more of a dogfight this upcoming year between those guys and no sure thing, but I'll defer to you.

The older Nelson/Lee do not have the offensive upside that Strome does. I made that comment a few days ago on the nyi board, in a discussion about using Nelson or Lee as the key to a trade package.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Lol, you are talking about the Avalanche right?

Avs fan, give this guy a break, as a fellow Islander fan having even 1 player to compliment your star is considered "loaded at forward" to Isle fans. No way do I think you are loaded at forward, but I can see YFP making that assertion as we have had JT + (nobody) for quite a long time haha. To us, you are loaded with forwards and you have not 1 but 3 bonafide first liners. That's a miracle in Islander's land!!

I see no reason why the AVs would even consider moving Landeskog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad