Proposal: Landeskog to Isles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
To Colorado: Ryan Pulock, Ryan Strome and 1st round pick 2017

To islanders: Gabriel Landeskog

This seems very fair to me as Colorado gets stronger at center and defense. Isles get stud winger they were looking for.

:laugh:
It's rude just to laugh so I'll add this: when the Ducks asked for Landy Sakic asked for Lindholm so there's your barometer for what the Avs want.

Here's the Avalanche center depth:
MacKinnon
Duchene
Soderberg
Mitchell

Want to explain why the Avs need another C?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

This seems very fair to me as Colorado gets stronger at center and defense. Isles get stud winger they were looking for.

You know what Colorado needs? Another stud winger to ADD to Landeskog. They certainly don't need to trade their only top 6 winger on the roster.

We're not trading Landeskog but if we'd do, it wouldn't be for a package but for a dman of similar age/value.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014

Bud the avs would have to improve in a trade involving landy to do it. Shocking stuff, I know

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

In this deal the Avs are giving up a player in their biggest area of weakness for 3 pieces they have no need for.

The Avs are trying to contend now, so a low to mid round pick wont help them. They take on an extra contract that would have to be protected during the expansion draft, they don't need anymore centers, especially an underwhelming one like Strome and the Avs have plenty of D prospects.

Gabe is the only actual top 6 winger on their entire roster. NYI doesn't have what it would take to get Gabe who is the 2nd most unmovable player on the Avs roster after Mackinnon.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
In this deal the Avs are giving up a player in their biggest area of weakness for 3 pieces they have no need for.

The Avs are trying to contend now, so a low to mid round pick wont help them. They take on an extra contract that would have to be protected during the expansion draft, they don't need anymore centers, especially an underwhelming one like Strome and the Avs have plenty of D prospects.

Gabe is the only actual top 6 winger on their entire roster. NYI doesn't have what it would take to get Gabe who is the 2nd most unmovable player on the Avs roster after Mackinnon.

I mean I'd take Tavares for Landy, but that's besides the point.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Here is what the Avs need:

A top end, youngish defensman who can play on the top pairing
A high end winger in addition to Landeskog

You are suggesting the Avs trade Landeskog, their 23 year old captain and best all around forward. You offer a 21 year old prospect defensman with 15 NHL games played. The Avs already have two 21 year old high end prospect defensmen in Zadorov in Bigras competing for spots this year. Pulock would be great, but for Landy? Hell no. Strome is 23, took a big step back this year, is clearly inferior to both MacKinnon and Duchene, and probably won't be protected by the Isles. A 1st rounder has good value, but the Avs aren't rebuilding. You aren't hitting any of the Avs main needs, and that is an absolute must if they deal Landeskog. Basically, offer a top end defender, or don't try. You're offering three nice pieces, but none of them are essential to the Avs, and in return you want one of the foundational pieces of the club who's only 23, the captain, and signed on a great deal for 5 years. Honestly...you should have figured the answer out before posting.

Also, an expansion draft is coming. The Avs would almost guarenteed have to expose one of Pulock / Strome, so that makes this a doubly easy no.

Mr Shanahan

Jul 11, 2007
Toronto
It's rude just to laugh so I'll add this: when the Ducks asked for Landy Sakic asked for Lindholm so there's your barometer for what the Avs want.

MacKinnon
Duchene
Soderberg
Mitchell

Wouldn't really consider that to be their exact C depth, considering MacKinnon, Mitchell, Duchene and Soderberg rank 45, 70, 90 and 98 in faceoffs per game.

MacKinnon only had his first full-time year at C this year, and it saw Duchene on the wing more so than ever. They could use another 2/3 C as Soderberg is best suited in a defensive-minded role.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Wouldn't really consider that to be their exact C depth, considering MacKinnon, Mitchell, Duchene and Soderberg rank 45, 70, 90 and 98 in faceoffs per game.

MacKinnon only had his first full-time year at C this year, and it saw Duchene on the wing more so than ever. They could use another 2/3 C as Soderberg is best suited in a defensive-minded role.

Not really. Duchene moved to wing because the RW depth was so abysmal. This past year it was Iginla, Comeau, Skille...Tanguay...It was pretty bad, considering Iginla and Tangs were basically done. Really nobody on the team belonged in the top 6 on right wing, so they made Duchene one. It was out of dire straits, not because their centre's aren't good at centre. They could really use a high end winger more than anything else so they can keep Duchene at centre. At this point, it's likely hoping Rantanen becomes that. IF they did acquire a centre, it should actually be an O'Reilly type, not another offensively highly skilled centre. That's actually the last thing they need.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

MacKinnon
Duchene
Soderberg
Mitchell

Damn, you know you got depth when Malkin is your 4C

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Damn, you know you got depth when Malkin is your 4C

He's actually a good 4th line centre, just overstretched into a third line role on the Avs, and sometimes top six wing :)facepalm:). Was that supposed to be witty?

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Forget the trade value, Islanders don't need a LW at all.

Left-handed wingers currently on the roster:

Ladd
Nelson
Lee
Kulemin
Bailey
Chimera
Prince

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp

Couldda fooled me.

As for the original deal proposal of giving up Strome, Pulock and a 1st..... no thanks.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Here is what the Avs need:

A top end, youngish defensman who can play on the top pairing
A high end winger in addition to Landeskog

You are suggesting the Avs trade Landeskog, their 23 year old captain and best all around forward. You offer a 21 year old prospect defensman with 15 NHL games played. The Avs already have two 21 year old high end prospect defensmen in Zadorov in Bigras competing for spots this year. Pulock would be great, but for Landy? Hell no. Strome is 23, took a big step back this year, is clearly inferior to both MacKinnon and Duchene, and probably won't be protected by the Isles. A 1st rounder has good value, but the Avs aren't rebuilding. You aren't hitting any of the Avs main needs, and that is an absolute must if they deal Landeskog. Basically, offer a top end defender, or don't try. You're offering three nice pieces, but none of them are essential to the Avs, and in return you want one of the foundational pieces of the club who's only 23, the captain, and signed on a great deal for 5 years. Honestly...you should have figured the answer out before posting.

Also, an expansion draft is coming. The Avs would almost guarenteed have to expose one of Pulock / Strome, so that makes this a doubly easy no.

/thread

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I mean I'd take Tavares for Landy, but that's besides the point.

I feel that every team has players they wont realistically move. Even if the offer is for one teams players like this that are unlikely to move, adding in a player the other team probably wont move doesn't get anywhere.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't think people outside of Avs fans realize how ****ed the Avs would be if they traded any of Duchene, MacK or Landeskog.

Right now as it sits we have a mediocre top 6 of:

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iginla

You take out Landeskog and don't really replace him with an equally as good, similarly aged forward and you're sitting with this trash lineup:

Rantanen-MacK-Grigorenko
Comeau?Colborne?-Duchene-Iginla

Unless an equally as good similarly aged forward is coming back to the Avs, I see no way a deal gets done.

Or maybe we could go big and say Landeskog+Varlamov+Barrie for Hamonic+Nelson+Dal Colle+Strome+cap dump

Breaks down to essentially Landeskog for Hamonic, Dal Colle+cap dump for Varlamov, Nelson+Strome for Barrie. Lol....I know this trade would never happen.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ya you're right OP, Avs really need to improve our center depth.

I mean, between Duchene, Mackinnon, Soderberg, Grigorenko, Mitchell all as Natural centers on the Avs roster, as well as having just drafted Jost(A center) in this years draft, and having Compher and Beaudin as natural centers in the system, and using Rantanen as a Center last year to prepare him for that role, we really could use another center.

Especially considering we have so much fantastic winger depth.

Another proposal that only takes 1 teams needs into account. Nevermind the fact that the value is absolutely awful yet again.

Avs pass and block the Islanders number.

mytduxfan*

MacKinnon
Duchene
Soderberg
Mitchell

Nowhere in the tweets does it say that ANA asked for Landeskog. We have no idea how that conversation went down. Could just have easily been that COL offered Landeskog for Lindholm and BM turned it down. COLs need for another top pairing D-man is just as big as our need for 1st line LW.

All we know from the tweets is that Landeskog isn't getting you Lindholm. Therefore, you can't say that's about the ballpark of what the return should be. Still, the OP is bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad