GDT: Lame Day Thread: Game Two, Wild and Hawks, 5/3/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

651*

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurns with the assist winner to Torres for Sharks.

I knew the way this OT was being played this was going to be quick. :laugh:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm not just trying to hop on the bandwagon, Koivu is a good player and a decent captain, but I think Parise is a much better choice to be the captain of this team. He captained New Jersey, led them to the final and captained Team USA. Just look at how he fired up Harding the other game with what he said to him in warmups. Harding was spectacular last game and this game as well. This team has played like garbage and has let Harding and the fans down.

Once again I am amazed, and you really don't want to know by what.:help: Did you read the article where Parise basically said wanting him to be captain instead of Mikko is wrong? You do not know enough about the team to make assumptions like this.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
“I am going to have a tough time sitting up here saying that we’re real happy with anyone,” Yeo said when asked about Koivu’s play. “This is a team effort tonight, and unfortunately it wasn’t a very good one.”

“We weren’t playing with the pace that we needed to play,” Yeo said. “A large number of the things that we were doing helped them build the speed into their game. They were better tonight from Game 1 and we were worse.”

On what the Wild does now, besides casting this aside and relying on home-ice at the X, Yeo said, “We’re going to have to make a couple adjustments for sure. We’ll look at this and figure out what is it a matter of that we’re doing poorly and what is it a matter of what we need to do differently.

“I already have some pretty strong feelings on both.”
Wild outplayed from start to finish as Blackhawks take 2-0 series lead

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Honestly, I ain't even mad. Look at it this way. We're facing the best team in the league who quite honestly could skate circles around us. Underdogs doesn't even begin to describe what the Wild are, and yet with some key injuries, they've managed to keep the games close on the scoreboard. Heck, they nearly took Game 1. Yeah, their backs are against the wall now, but they get to come home.

And then you have the NW division winners who got a much more evenly matched partner in the Sharks. They had the great opportunity of starting the series in their home building. And yet, they're down 0-2 and heading out to San Jose.

Should the Wild and Canucks lose the first round, one of them will be the bigger choke artist. And here's a hint....it won't be the Wild. It won't be the team who's window ISN'T about to close.

I'm going to the games this Sunday and Tuesday with the simple expectation of having some fun. I'm counting on a sweep at this point, but #@$! it.

P.S. You're a freakin' hoser, Koivu. Pull that crap in Minnesota, and you'll be booed off the ice.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
This is @88PKane , 2 seconds before the puck is in the back of the net. Seriously, 4 guys on him.
http://twitter.com/TH2NSTATSGUY/status/330563113898360833
BJZlZpRCQAApJsb.jpg:large

OpRedDawn*

And not one player made an effort to be extra physical with kane

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Every one of them is playing the puck. You have to play the man especially against the Hawks. You get caught looking at Kane's stickhandling and you will go dizzy and he will be passing right by you.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Ugh. Looks like my decision to go back to sleep was right decision.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
And then you have the NW division winners who got a much more evenly matched partner in the Sharks. They had the great opportunity of starting the series in their home building. And yet, they're down 0-2 and heading out to San Jose.

I was expecting the Canucks to take the series. Not sweep the Sharks, but win regardless. Oh well, gives me something to really laugh at.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/206067361.html?page=1&c=y

Gotta love Souhan's optimism. It's all Koivu's fault we're losing the series, it's not like Chicago just won the Presidents Trophy, and that our defense sucks some major ass for the most part. It's almost as if we really stood a chance in the series to begin with. Life would be so easy if things were that easy to fix.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/206067361.html?page=1&c=y

Gotta love Souhan's optimism. It's all Koivu's fault we're losing the series, it's not like Chicago just won the Presidents Trophy, and that our defense sucks some major ass for the most part. It's almost as if we really stood a chance in the series to begin with. Life would be so easy if things were that easy to fix.
The only time Souhan covers the Wild is when he has something to gripe about. That's usually how it goes with 99% of the reporters in this town. Or if it's not complaining, it's them coming out of the woodwork when you have something happen like last 4th of July or the playoffs. Then they act like they've been here with the team all along. They can go screw themselves. Russo is the only guy who is around for BOTH good days and bad days. He's the only one that knows what the hell is going on. He's the only one that is consistent and should be taken seriously. The other guys can go to h-e-double hockey sticks and do what they do best, which is fantasizing about the Wolves and Vikings.

Last edited:

Billy Mays Here*

I don't like Souhan anymore than the next hockey lover, but he does have a point about Koivu. He's been awful so far these playoffs and was garbage down the stretch for us this season.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't like Souhan anymore than the next hockey lover, but he does have a point about Koivu. He's been awful so far these playoffs and was garbage down the stretch for us this season.
Not disagreeing either. But he's not telling us something we don't already know. Cripes, he probably got most of his information and motivation from these forums.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The only time Souhan covers the Wild is when he has something to gripe about. That's usually how it goes with 99% of the reporters in this town. Or if it's not complaining, it's them coming out of the woodwork when you have something happen like last 4th of July or the playoffs. Then they act like they've been here with the team all along. They can go screw themselves. Russo is the only guy who is around for BOTH good days and bad days. He's the only one that knows what the hell is going on. He's the only one that is consistent and should be taken seriously. The other guys can go to h-e-double hockey sticks and do what they do best, which is fantasizing about the Wolves and Vikings.

That's exactly the thing. This article is nothing but blatant populism at its best written in the heat of the moment. Well, I guess it'll get him some readers. I have a very hard time taking writers like this seriously.

The point here is that this is not the reason we're losing the series. Parise has zero points in the playoffs too and was a -3 last night. If anyone really thinks he'd be a +5 and have 10 points by this time if only Koivu wasn't captain, I'd recommend visiting a doctor.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Kane´s point totals would drop drasticly with the wild because of Mike Yeo.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
How do we get Patrick Kane on our team next year?

Patrick Kane = Goals

Wild = 0 Goals

So Wild + Kane = Goals

Pominville sound like an option? You know, he scores too.

I wonder how many prospects and roster players you would have to trade for someone like Kane?

Interesting...

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Souhan's an idiot. He knows dick about hockey, and only really shows his mug when he thinks he can sell some steaming pile.

Koivu had a bad game - I can't imagine any reason why, no pressure or anything. Who gives a **** that he had one bad game. Let's all point it out and make a huge deal about it, yet ignore it when certain other people have **** games too. ok.

It's the ****ing Blackhawks at home, and our whole team is not on the level they are, but I'm sure this is all Koivu's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad