GDT: Lame Day Thread: Game Two, Wild and Hawks, 5/3/2013

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Koivu had a bad game - I can't imagine any reason why, no pressure or anything. Who gives a **** that he had one bad game. Let's all point it out and make a huge deal about it, yet ignore it when certain other people have **** games too. ok.

It's the ****ing Blackhawks at home, and our whole team is not on the level they are, but I'm sure this is all Koivu's fault.

So much this! Everyone likes to **** their pants when Koivu is having two bad games. Yet when Parise, for example, plays bad, people just choose to ignore it.

Koivu is the best option for a captain for this team. We have no reason whatsoever to think otherwise, imo.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
People seem to forget that Koivu DID captain the Finnish national team to Gold. People seem to forget that Koivu actually do the little things right. Shot blocking, hits, faceoffs, shots etc. When you're put up against the president trophy winners, you expect the captain to carry a team like this and create magic with basically no help whatsoever?

Like Yeo said in that interview, it's a team effort. End of story.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I have seen this team come back from more and against better competition. ( Joe Sackic, Peter Forsberg, Marckus Naslun,...

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Souhan's an idiot. He knows dick about hockey, and only really shows his mug when he thinks he can sell some steaming pile.

Koivu had a bad game - I can't imagine any reason why, no pressure or anything. Who gives a **** that he had one bad game. Let's all point it out and make a huge deal about it, yet ignore it when certain other people have **** games too. ok.

It's the ****ing Blackhawks at home, and our whole team is not on the level they are, but I'm sure this is all Koivu's fault.

I am as big a Koivu supporter as anyone....but the Captain CANNOT **** the bed during the playoffs. Can't happen. Unacceptable. Whole team was bad sure...but when your Captains **** play stands out above the rest...you have a ****ing problem.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
People seem to forget that Koivu DID captain the Finnish national team to Gold. People seem to forget that Koivu actually do the little things right. Shot blocking, hits, faceoffs, shots etc. When you're put up against the president trophy winners, you expect the captain to carry a team like this and create magic with basically no help whatsoever?

Like Yeo said in that interview, it's a team effort. End of story.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Blackhawks skill level. No excuses.....they are a VERY beatable hockey team if you play the right way. That STARTS with your captain....

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Blackhawks skill level. No excuses.....they are a VERY beatable hockey team if you play the right way. That STARTS with your captain....

lol no? You're playing in the NHL, every team should be beatable, no excuse. But you gotta be a pretty dumb to blame the captain solely for a team that has ****** management and and even worse D-core. fact.

Point being; I agree that they are beatable, but to expect an 8th seeded teams captain to solely get the team on track is completely ignorant and dumb. There's a reason Parise & Suter were signed and are alternates. If parise is the true captain, why doesn't he show it?

Last edited:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Devils' fans said that Parise is a bad playoff player.. seems like they were right...

651*

How do we get Patrick Kane on our team next year?

Patrick Kane = Goals

Wild = 0 Goals

So Wild + Kane = Goals

While I love Kane he has never been a prolific goal scorer. His career high in goals was 30, although this year he had 23 in shortened season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Kane#Career_statistics

Seriously, a prolific goal scorer puts up at least 40 once, and perhaps 50 or better at least once or more. Heck, Heater had back to back 50 seasons, and Kane has never even flirted with those numbers.

Absolutely heck of a play maker and best puck handler in the league IMO, but IMO he is just not quite at the elite level when it comes to scoring goals. There's only a handful of really elite goal scorers, IMO

Ovy
Crosby
Malkin
Stamkos
Maybe even Gabby

Kane comes just after guys like these. Goal scorer, yes, but even he has never reached Parise numbers.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
lol no? You're playing in the NHL, every team should be beatable, no excuse. But you gotta be a pretty dumb to blame the captain solely for a team that has ****** management and and even worse D-core. fact.

I am not saying he is solely responsible....but he is the captain.

Point being; I agree that they are beatable, but to expect an 8th seeded teams captain to solely get the team on track is completely ignorant and dumb. There's a reason Parise & Suter were signed and are alternates. If parise is the true captain, why doesn't he show it?

Like I said...I dont expect Koivu to do it all.....I just expect him to lead by example....and if this is the example he is going to set...we are ****ed.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
If we play this dump and chase **** at home think of how quiet the X is gonna be. It shall be embarrassing.

THEALLKNOWING*

Devils' fans said that Parise is a bad playoff player.. seems like they were right...

Parise is so over-rated. My NYR friend, based in NYC who is an old geezer like me and has watch a ton of hockey over the years, says Pomenville is better than Parise. Look at Parise's playoff record last year. He had 5 even strength goals, yet was a -8. Where is all of his playoff experience showing up thus far. -3 yesterday. 7 shots but no goals. 9 shots in the playoffs, but no goals.

THEALLKNOWING*

The only time Souhan covers the Wild is when he has something to gripe about. That's usually how it goes with 99% of the reporters in this town. Or if it's not complaining, it's them coming out of the woodwork when you have something happen like last 4th of July or the playoffs. Then they act like they've been here with the team all along. They can go screw themselves. Russo is the only guy who is around for BOTH good days and bad days. He's the only one that knows what the hell is going on. He's the only one that is consistent and should be taken seriously. The other guys can go to h-e-double hockey sticks and do what they do best, which is fantasizing about the Wolves and Vikings.

Russo is gutless. He will not call-out a local "hero" like Parise when deserved, but will readily call-out someone else like Mikko when deserved. Also, for being Mr "insider" and close personal friends with the team, where was he on the Boogaard story. No where to be found. No columns, nothing. Yet a month or two before I heard him in NYC saying he was going to go meet Boogaard for coffee. The only that tells it like it is, is Wes Walz because he is not a homer, and doesn't cater to the locals. Unfortunately he's not in the written press.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Russo is gutless. He will not call-out a local "hero" like Parise when deserved, but will readily call-out someone else like Mikko when deserved. Also, for being Mr "insider" and close personal friends with the team, where was he on the Boogaard story. No where to be found. No columns, nothing. Yet a month or two before I heard him in NYC saying he was going to go meet Boogaard for coffee. The only that tells it like it is, is Wes Walz because he is not a homer, and doesn't cater to the locals. Unfortunately he's not in the written press.

What do you mean Walz is not a homer?

Walz does nothing but make excuses for the teams poor play.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
No numbers in transition out of the zone due to collapsing down low. Zero activation of the defense in the neutral and offensive zones. No sense of urgency.

The goal shouldn't be to play mistake-free hockey all game long. When those mistakes do show up (and they inevitably will), it looks even more glaring in comparison. Especially against a team like the Hawks. *Not saying they should attempt to run and gun with Chicago but at some point there should be a sense of urgency to step up and create

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I said it before and I'm gonna keep saying it until Yeo is fired.

The players are fine. The **** system they are forced to play by an inflexible coach is the root of the problem and the reason we are, in all likelyhood, going to be swept in a series we could have made competitive, if not won.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Parise's been good.

Koivu completely disappearing in the month of April into May is a huge concern. Call Souhan names if you want, but where the hell is Mikko?

This team showed they are not anywhere near the Blackhawks and were lucky to get into the playoffs. Very few scoring chances.

I really don't expect much to change when they get home.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Aside from what TP said, they don't gap up on the puck carrier, even when they have numbers. Is this Yeo's zone system? It's awful. That shortie is exactly this. Don't step up on the puck carrier, let him do what he wants with the puck, they bring in their numbers with speed, Wild are screwed.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
If we play this dump and chase **** at home think of how quiet the X is gonna be. It shall be embarrassing.

I just hope they don't play bad enough to get booed.

There's just not enough offense from this team. This sit back and wait for the Blackhawks to make a mistake is not working.

If the Wild don't win the next game I think it's going to be a sweep.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
It is our fault we are in the position we are in right now. We lost to Calgary and Edmonton down the stretch. Had we beat them, even one I think, we would have been in 7th place not facing the Hawks.

Yeo needs canned. He doesn't know what he's doing. Suter needs help on defense. He plays a ton of minutes and it's no wonder he is nursing a chronic injury. We need to address this so he has more help next season. The usual posters (or poster) gets in rips on Parise. Fine and dandy but if it wasn't for Zach, we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

I am still happy we finally made the playoffs but lots of changes have to happen next season.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Parise is not being successful right now because of the way they are being taught to play offensively .. that goes for the entire team except maybe the Zucker who has had great chances especially game 1 but again, his chances came by utilizing his speed and shot.

Both of our goals this series came off rushes...

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Yeo needs to be canned. He line changes on the rush and generates no offense. He has no idea what he is doing.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
How has Parise been this season?

I'm probably one of the few Devils fans that don't hate him now. :laugh:

LOL Parise has been great this season. He has tons of heart. He has won tons of games for us, some very pretty goals and amazing assists that were created all because of his hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad