Speculation: Lalonde

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Really the same with Blashill. Without a roster it doesn't really matter who the coach is. We have a competent management that won't create a revolving door when the issue is the talent level.

Reactions: HoweFan

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Systems can succeed where individual talent cannot. Can anyone point out to what controlled breakout system the team is trying to institute beyond rim-arounds and chips out of the zone? Lalonde critiqued Ed at times for holding on to the puck trying to make a controlled play (even on plays where he succeeded). I'm thinking the system is garbage and hence the breakouts are garbage. Forwards aren't in place and/or looking for passes because they aren't supposed to be open and ready for passes. They all turn up ice or park along the boards just below the blueline for the inevitable rim or chip.
Agreed.

How many times have we seen the Wings pinned down in their own end for extended periods of time - then only to dump it down the ice once they had control? How many slow starts where they’re down by 2 goals within 8 minutes? Lack of proper passing/execution? Fundamentals out the window - looking lost?

There appears to be a lack of any system or order under Lalonde - just as we had seen with Blashill.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Outside of a 15-20 game losing streak at the start of the season I doubt his job is on the line. I'm not a big fan of his but Stevie has history of valuing organizational stability. I would definitely look for a upgrade at HC after his contract is up at the end of the year. But I don't think it's a "emergency" to replace him.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Systems can succeed where individual talent cannot. Can anyone point out to what controlled breakout system the team is trying to institute beyond rim-arounds and chips out of the zone? Lalonde critiqued Ed at times for holding on to the puck trying to make a controlled play (even on plays where he succeeded). I'm thinking the system is garbage and hence the breakouts are garbage. Forwards aren't in place and/or looking for passes because they aren't supposed to be open and ready for passes. They all turn up ice or park along the boards just below the blueline for the inevitable rim or chip.
yup
I don't remember which game it was, or even against which team, but their coach was interviewed in one of the intermissions, and he said we were predictable or something along those lines.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
did Gallant like snub you for an autograph as a kid or something lol?
Hahaha no he's just overhyped. A name every hopeful fanbase brings up but then he gets to that team and you realize he plays no real system. Develops no youth or pivot to the strength of the players on the team. I think gallant being unemployed or only last 2 years at a time is no mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad