Proposal: Laine to Washington

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I don't think the Caps would be against adding scoring skill on the wing, but they've talked about wanting to grab younger players, who might be sticking around for a while. The McGroarty talks earlier in the offseason fit with that objective. I don't think Laine fits as neatly. They pivoted after deciding to make the Dubois deal and any money for Laine is probably now accounted for in that trade.

They were willing to consider dealing McMichael in the McGroarty talks. I don't think under any circumstances were they prepared to give up their first rounder. I don't think they would for Laine either... and that's less about their valuation of him and more just a general ambivalence about adding him at all.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Also given Washington's recent track record at reviving almost lost careers, I don't care about Laine's struggles in the places like Columbus and Winnipeg. No disrespect but more than half the league hates those cities and has them on their no trade lists. Plus the dude lost his dad not too long ago, give him some break, he still did pretty well outside just the last season. Too much talent to pass on if the 1st is all it will take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad