GDT: Game 3 SKA vs Locomativ Sept 9 12:30 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
It's not that easy to score in the KHL, that's why what Michkov did in previous seasons was so impressive. But of course the further a young player from Rotenberg the better his chances to get more points.

Some clowns keep saying SKA didn't play Michkov so he sucks. Now you see what playing for SKA is...
Yep. That argument against him never made any sense.

Like it or not, when that coach has a young player that's leaving at the end of the year who provides only marginal utility (as an 18 year old in a professional league - he'll grow to be better than every player on that team), that coach is going to give him minimal opportunity since he doesn't do anything for him in the long term.

I know he has contractual obligations so it's not easy to get him over here, but that's a terrible environment for a teenager. I'd honestly rather him get 21 minutes a night in the VHL than play 10 in the K under a coach who's going to scapegoat him at the first possible opportunity.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
It's not that easy to score in the KHL, that's why what Michkov did in previous seasons was so impressive. But of course the further a young player from Rotenberg the better his chances to score points.

Some clowns keep saying SKA didn't play Michkov so he sucks. Now you see what playing for SKA is...

SKA doesn't play Michkov - Michkov wasn't good enough
SKA doesn't play Demidov - the KHL sucks and everything is political.

Do I hear an Alanis Morissette song playing?

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
SKA’s big acquisitions, Grigorenko and Birdboy, are playing like hot garbage. That’s all I gathered from these first three games.

What are you talking about? SKA were chastised for not playing Michkov. No one in their right mind thought Michkov wasn’t good enough for the KHL.

Reactions: LaP

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

No one said they didn't play Michkov because he wasn't good enough. People were just questioning whether the character items were true considering they loaned him out, let him leave early and made a deal that if he came back this year that he'd be loaned out AGAIN.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Except no one said Michkov wasn't good enough. Most figured it was because he was a pain in the ass. And maybe he is but that apparently isn't the only reason he didn't get much ice time.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

People said "they did not play Michkov maybe because of attitude problems". Nobody ever said a guy who was close to a PPG with Sochi was not good enough. Someone would need to be stupid to do that. People around here create arguments out of thin air.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Just pay SKA and bring him over. Put him on the 3rd line to start with Newhook and someone else.

Reactions: bsl

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If he wasn't playing well it would make sense. I haven't seen the games but if he was one of the better players why bench him if they have any chance of winning this season?
I didn’t watch it either but it’s the not like he was bench every game. It’s normal that the rookie will need to earn more his ice time then the veteran at the start of the season. It will only help him to get better habits and work for his ice time

Reactions: montreal

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I didn’t watch it either but it’s the not like he was bench every game. It’s normal that the rookie will need to earn more his ice time then the veteran at the start of the season. It will only help him to get better habits and work for his ice time

He was one of the only players doing anything. Benching someone cause they are young doesn't make any sense.

It was an inappropriate and stupid benching. It doesn't reinforce better habits when there's no reason to be benched in that game. It was a Therrien level move.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
By the way the twitter weirdos crying on twitter all day and roasting kutznetzkov with coke jokes or saying crazy things about the coach are just as bad as the dudes who harassed reinbacher. Talk about mental

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
He was one of the only players doing anything. Benching someone cause they are young doesn't make any sense.

It was an inappropriate and stupid benching. It doesn't reinforce better habits when there's no reason to be benched in that game. It was a Therrien level move.
Welcome to KHL hockey guys lmfao

Reactions: overlords

Demigod Gloves

Oct 1, 2017
that 5 on 3 looked like the crap, sometimes I just wonder what is going on in the coaches head, Demidov had 15 sec on icetime on that PP and it was 5 on 4 at that moment, he was the most dangerous and got a good shot too. If he was on that PP since the start I'm pretty sure they score or at least get a better scoring chances.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
You could cut the insecurity in this thread with a knife :laugh:
You mean Montreal fans are insecure? I don't believe you.

I have watched the highlights of the kid playing against professionals and he will be just fine. Demidov needs to get stronger which should give him that extra gear that he currently lacks. I see no reason why he won't be a top six player for us in two years.

Reactions: 417 and montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad