Proposal: Laine to Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Take out Askarov, then it’s closer
Also take out the 1st, svp. I mean, who knows what the team will look like next season. It's pretty wide open, even with all the old players added.

Nyquist had a career year, but of course isn't likely to come close to replicating that. But he's a pretty "safe" and reliable player. So Nyquist and some bits and pieces would be fine. But no more than that, and it has to stay Cap-neutral.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Keep in mind the Preds also have an angry askarov who saw juuse get monster contract and there is a chance he gets frustrated and bolts for Russia…

Reactions: Gnashville

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Keep in mind the Preds also have an angry askarov who saw juuse get monster contract and there is a chance he gets frustrated and bolts for Russia…
Yeah, there is ZERO chance Askarov is going to bolt for Russia.

He doesn't seem like a very "angry" guy, if you've ever seen any of his videos. His AGENT might be slightly perturbed, but I doubt Askarov himself is taking things as seriously as several HF posters are. :dunno:

Reactions: pouf pouf

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
How about we do a three-way somehow with the Panthers. You send all those assets over, and we'll get you Laine, no questions asked.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
To Columbus:
Askarov, Nyquist, Fabbro, TB 2025 1st

To Nashville:
Laine 50% retained

not enough! Nashville should add another 1st in 2026 and 2 seconds ( 2026+2027) and Putnum haha

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, there is ZERO chance Askarov is going to bolt for Russia.

He doesn't seem like a very "angry" guy, if you've ever seen any of his videos. His AGENT might be slightly perturbed, but I doubt Askarov himself is taking things as seriously as several HF posters are. :dunno:
Zero chance?? That’s pretty bold to say. If he isn’t being traded and is stuck in the ahl behind Saros and a khl team offers him a big payday to play back home why not take it?
Playing devils advocate here…

If we did not sign Saros to the albatross contract things would be much different.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Zero chance?? That’s pretty bold to say. If he isn’t being traded and is stuck in the ahl behind Saros and a khl team offers him a big payday to play back home why not take it?
Playing devils advocate here…

If we did not sign Saros to the albatross contract things would be much different.
I believe ZERO is very accurate at this juncture in time.

Why would he be "stuck" in the AHL? He wasn't a better goalie than Kevin Lankinen last season. At times he wasn't a better goalie than Troy Grosenick. He came here in the first place because he wasn't getting playing time in Russia. All he has to do is be better than Scott Wedgewood. Is that such an insurmountable obstacle?

He is being granted every opportunity to emerge as an NHL-caliber goalie in the Nashville organization right now. I think he will succeed. But he isn't there yet. An awful lot more needs to happen before he's in a position to take relative peanuts in the KHL over pursuing an NHL career. I'm not saying it couldn't happen a few years from now - but that would be contingent on him basically failing to progress as a prospect. And if THAT happens... at that point who cares? :dunno:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Then he can bolt for Russia and spend the next 5 years waiting to come back to the NHL, which would be a bit of a self-own since otherwise he could be an NHL player as early as this season.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Laine is damaged goods. HE shouldn't and probably won't fetch what his talent says he should. Kuznetsov fetched a 3rd? Laine may get a 2nd if straight for a pick. Maybe a 1st if they retained salary. It is sad, but kinda is what it is once you enter the program and try to get the help you need. If he did, the team that buys him now stands to reap some hearty benefits

Reactions: pouf pouf

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
It's a breath of fresh air when OP doesn't overvalue its own assets. But I don't think you need askarov to get the deal done..

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Holy shit that's awful as are all your assumptions you use to justify this turd

Right now Laine would be a cap dump for CBJ and you are offering a return like he's Draisatl
Yeah I’m sure a late first, bottom pair dman, 35 year old winger who overachieved and a good goalie prospect gets draisaitl

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Right now Laine would be a cap dump for CBJ and you are offering a return like he's Draisatl
Took a little bit to get here but.... Laine is not a Cap dump. CBJ not in Cap trouble for the next few years. You can say his value is low, but certainly not a Cap dump. A Cap dump would imply he'll be given away. Not the case. We'll eventually see what the real value is to another GM and the GMDW. I'm excited for that day to happen... soon please.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Fabbro and Nyqvist aren't worth much. So Askarov and a 1st. A lot but goalies don't go for much.
Right? And Laine has 117 points in his last 129 games. People acting like I offered the moon for him. Fabbro is cap dump at this point especially after resigning carrier.
Askarov has less value after the Saros signings as people know we can’t use him now, he’s not our long term guy.

A Tampa first is late and likely never makes nhl. Nyquist we should sell high. Because he’s not repeating a 70 plus point season again, never happened before.

Yes. Easily. I am in fact amazed and appalled that this is even a question for you.
Then why resign carrier to make him a bottom pair guy and put us in cap situation?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Because you always need more capable defensemen, especially when you're calling up kids that may need to be sheltered?
But we can’t keep fabbro now because of cap issues… so again… makes no sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium