Confirmed with Link: Laine, 2nd 2026 to Montreal for Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Are we getting Josh Anderson back? He's got 3 years left on his deal at a lower cap hit. It might be the kind of thing we'd have to take on to get rid of Laine.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Definitely clears up a good bit of cap space if we didn't have to retain. I'd be shocked if we got out of retaining.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
As a fan of Laine I don't really like the destination, but at least it's done.

As a fan of CBJ I feel this is pretty ok? 2nd round pick for a young defenseman with a 1.4M caphit for this season and next season. Harris has been thrown in every MTL trade suggestion so I suppose he's not super good, but hopefully he can be serviceable this season in the NHL level.

Reactions: LJ7

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, while we're doing all the advanced stats viz stuff...

1724097800736.png

• Haha
Reactions: Canadienna

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Harris seems pretty decent. Similar to another guy I initially thought we could target, Will Borgen from Seattle. But I think I might like Harris more, so I’ll take it. Sucks that this is what ended up happening with Laine, but I’m happy to close this chapter.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Mtl fan coming in peace. Harris is a jack of all trade master of none dman. A good 3rd pairing dman atm (albeit a bit vanilla) and still young enough to maybe grow into a more solid two way 4th dman but probably unlikely. But with Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj, Struble, Engstrom as kids/prospects on the left side there was simply no place for Harris moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad