Seravalli: Lafreniere and Rangers working 8-year deal worth more than $8 million AAV

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He got more even strength points than Stutzle is 4 less minutes a game last year.

It's wild to use totals for points and then switch up and use a rate for TOI and also use a term like more for points and then a value for TOI/gp. You are also using EVS for points and all situations for TOI/gp. That level of inconsistency is special, especially when Lafreniere had 1 more point in 35 more minutes at even strength. It just feels intentionally misleading the way you said it.

I think there was a time when criticism of him were maybe warranted even if I mostly disagreed but a lot of opinions on Lafreniere now are outdated. The jump from 135 SOG to 217 SOG is massive and shows real progress in his game. He is going to continue to produce at a solid clip at even strength with room to add on with better PP opportunities.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
smartly build teams assign most of the cap to the wing and goalie positions
Frankly this last year with Shesterkin and Lafreniere cheap, some aging forwards and an underwhelming prospect pool since they’ve been competing for a while feels like the Rangers last really good shot at winning a cup. Kind of a make or break year imo.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
It's wild to use totals for points and then switch up and use a rate for TOI and also use a term like more for points and then a value for TOI/gp. You are also using EVS for points and all situations for TOI/gp. That level of inconsistency is special, especially when Lafreniere had 1 more point in 35 more minutes at even strength. It just feels intentionally misleading the way you said it.

I think there was a time when criticism of him were maybe warranted even if I mostly disagreed but a lot of opinions on Lafreniere now are outdated. The jump from 135 SOG to 217 SOG is massive and shows real progress in his game. He is going to continue to produce at a solid clip at even strength with room to add on with better PP opportunities.

I mean sure, 1 point more in 35 minutes less. I'm fine with that.

The point is more knocking people that use PP numbers like they aren't completely situational and can change drastically on variables that have nothing to do with the player.

Producing at even strength consistently is far more valuable to me.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I mean sure, 1 point more in 35 minutes less. I'm fine with that.

The point is more knocking people that use PP numbers like they aren't completely situational and can change drastically on variables that have nothing to do with the player.

Producing at even strength consistently is far more valuable to me.
Compare their PPP/60

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
When you are the first overall pick and didn't get 40 points in a season in your first 3 years you are going to take a lot of shit...rightly so.
Many first round picks have struggled, and have been called out.. Didn't they put up a billboard for Stamkos? Look how he turned out, even with major injuries. How about Joe Thornton? I think playoffs last year showed the true Lafreniere.

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
When you are the first overall pick and didn't get 40 points in a season in your first 3 years you are going to take a lot of shit...rightly so.
Sure, but the team should be taking the shit, not him.

Celebrini, Bedard , etc get the keys to the franchise handed to them day 1 .

Left had to play 8th fiddle to a bunch of veterans because the team was in its competing window and the dinosaur coaches the Rangers love to hire are too risk averse, are not interested in developing kids, and lean heavily on veterans .

Laf is at this point the 3rd best forward on the team after Panarin and Kreider and will only get better.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Laf definitely has 100 point upside during his prime years once he sniffs the Rangers PP. locking him up for 8 years is smart.

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad